I have a MacBook Pro. In Safari- 1Password has a red circle with a 1 and blank when opened.

I was online yesterday and used it with no problems. I clicked on the red circle nothing came up. I'm assuming it is a message.

1Password Version: Version 3.8.22 (build 32010)
Extension Version: 3.9.20
OS Version: Mac OS 10.12.4
Sync Type: have not synced
Referrer: forum-search:I have a MacBook Pro. In Safari- 1Password has a red circle with a 1 and blank when opened.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Silversofty2: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! 1Password 3 was developed in 2009 and supports OS X Snow Leopard and Lion. El Capitan in particular introduced a number of incompatibilities, and modern browsers do not work with the old extension either. You can read more details in the announcement at the top of this forum category:

1Password 3: Modern browsers and OS X

1Password 6, one the other hand, fully supports OS X Yosemite, El Capitan, and macOS Sierra, along with all major Mac browsers. You'll have a better experience there, and a 1Password.com membership includes all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• Silversofty2
    Silversofty2
    Community Member

Thanks Brent, I re-downloaded the extension and it is working again. The system you showed me (as above); is it something like the cloud. In other words it is not software on my computer.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2017

@Silversofty2: Thanks for the update! While 1Password.com has a web app you can use in your browser to access your data, version 6 of the 1Password apps work with 1Password.com accounts as well: you just sign in, and can use 1Password like you're accustomed to, only you don't have to configure sync settings or register the app with a license. The apps also cache data locally, so you don't have to be online to access your vault(s). Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.