To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Forgot password

karlawrence
karlawrence
Community Member

So I can not remember my password to get into my account, not sure what I need to do. Please help

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

If you've really forgotten your password, there's nothing you can do but start again. AgileBits do not have any way to reset your password, as that would be a security risk.

But many times the issue is just forgetting which characters are upper-case and which lower-case, or similar issues. The article https://support.1password.com/forgot-master-password/ suggests things to try.

• ssoroka
    ssoroka
    1Password Alumni

Hey @karlawrence, Sorry to hear you can't access your account.

What @danco says is true when you're the only person on the account. Accounts with family members or team members on the account can get a Family Organizer or Owner/Admin to put their account into a recovery mode that allows you to reset the password. Unfortunately this isn't possible if you're the only person on the account. On the off chance you printed the Emergency Kit when you signed up, you may have written your password there. Otherwise, I would try guessing. If you think you might know it, you can try the passwords you think it might be; We don't lock your account for failed login attempts.

If all is lost and you're completely locked out, but one of your devices has access still, I'd sign up for a new account and transfer your items over from your existing account to the new account on the device that still has access, then we can help you delete the old account to cancel any active subscriptions, and you'll be back in business.

Hope that helps.
    Steven

• karlawrence
    karlawrence
    Community Member

So it is just me and I did make quite a few attempts to get in, but no luck. I only have it on my phone so is it possible to delete the account and start over. I had only put a couple passwords in to it so I am not worried about losing all my work.
    Karin

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@karlawrence: I've sent you an email so you can delete your account, but before you do that I'd encourage you to give it one last try, and also cancel with Apple if you'd subscribed through them. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions!

This discussion has been closed.