To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Support for logins requiring 3 (or more) fields to be completed

Options
lsonnx
lsonnx
Community Member
edited April 2017 in Memberships

Some sites require three or more fields to be completed for sign-in. A good example is the American Airlines site which requires a "Last Name" field to be completed in addition to the standard user & password fields.

When using the 1Password extension's "1Password - Save Login" pop-up on new site sign-in these additional (required) fields get saved, but they get buried under "Web Form Details" and do not get automatically filled when returning to the site.

Is this a bug where as a user should I expect these additional fields be be saved / filled correctly? Or is support for logins requiring additional fields beyond user/pass a feature request?

Finally, is there a manual workaround that I can implement?

1Password Version: 6.6.4
Extension Version: 4.6.4.90
OS Version: OSX 10.12.4
Sync Type: 1Password Account

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@lsonnx: This depends on how the website is designed. While 1Password has some good built-in login for filling standard username and password fields, others will vary depending on the site. American airlines is a great example. If you manually save a new login on the main page, 1Password will be able to fill it there too by matching the fields:

https://www.aa.com/homePage.do

But they also have another login page I use more frequently. Saving here will allow 1Password to fill this form correctly:

https://www.aa.com/loyalty/login

But since they're using different different names for the third field on each page (loginform.lastname and lastname respectively), 1Password won't fill a login saved on one page into the other completely. So the best approach is to save your login for the page you use most frequently, so that 1Password will be able to accurately fill that for you each time. Perhaps we'll be able to find another way around this in the future, but I hope this helps in the mean time.

ref: BRAIN-303

• rosem
    rosem
    Community Member
    Options

I was manually inputting the extra field (in my case, Client ID), and labelling the field in web form details.

By deleting the manually created login, then letting 1Password save the login after I copied/pasted into the website, it saved the log in and labelled the additional fields correctly - letting me log in with all 3 fields filled :)

• Great! Thanks for the update @rosem. Often times using the extension to save a login, instead of creating the item by hand, will produce a more reliable result. :)

If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.