6.6.403 Beta: Shortcuts doesn't work when booting up, app restart is required [Fixed in 6.6.405]

2»

Comments

• You are welcome, please let us know when something isn't working right, we would be happy to fix!

• dszp
    dszp
    Community Member

@SergeyTheAgile 1Password did not lock overnight (it's set to lock in 2 hours) as it usually does, but my computer did sleep normally. But I intentionally locked it, waited 30-60 minutes (it displayed on the login screen that an update was available), had to use it a couple of times so I unlocked and then locked it again. Never automatically updated. No shortcut keys was too annoying to wait and I don't feel like keeping it locked (my password is long), so I manually upgraded it. So I'm at 6.6.405 manually, and shortcut keys are working, maybe the automatic can update next time but it'll need to be kinda fast, I don't leave 1Password locked much since I use it a lot, and my Surface is generally sleeping when it's locked.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@dszp: Same here! Thanks for the feedback on this. We're definitely going to continue to work on ways to improve it. :)

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

Auto-updated and shortcuts are working again! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@XIII: That good news is a twofer: autoupdate and shortcuts are working for you! Thanks for letting us know. :chuffed:

• pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member

Hi, I had the original poster's problem with the 1Password mini shortcut not working, but an update to the latest beta fixed it for me, but it seems to have reoccurred with the 6.6.407 beta.

I don't know if it's the exact same problem as the OP but, using the shortcut Ctrl + Alt + G (which is the letter I've set in 1Password preferences) does not work anymore, and the same is true for Ctrl + G.

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

• Hi @pbryanw,

What happens if you temporarily change the keyboard shortcut to something else?

Cheers,

Alex

• pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member
    edited May 2017

Hi @AlexHoffmann - I tried a few other letter combinations but it was only when I switched the keyboard shortcut back to the default of Ctrl + [Alt] + / that it started working again. I'm not sure why I changed it to Ctrl +[Alt] + G in the first place, but I will use / as my shortcut from now on. Also, not sure why Ctrl + [Alt] + G stopped working for me - maybe a conflict with a recently installed program?

Thanks for your help & reply. Paul.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@pbryanw: If you have any ideas of something that may be conflicting on your system, please let us know! We'll continue to work to improve this, and also test to see if we're able to reproduce it and identify any interactions with other software. Thanks for your patience and willingness to work with us on this!

• pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member

@brenty - I was toying with creating a new user account to test my program theory, but I think I will just stick to Ctrl + Alt + / for now :+1:

I just wanted to clarify some behaviour I'm seeing with 1Password mini though. Ctrl + / only works for me when a browser is open and active - is this the normal behaviour? For example, if try and use Ctrl + / on the Windows desktop nothing happens, although Ctrl + Alt + / works on the desktop. It seems slightly puzzling, but I don't know if this is to do with my PC, or is default 1Password 6 behaviour?

Thanks again, Paul.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@pbryanw: That's exactly right: Ctrl \ is 1Password's keyboard shortcut for "fill login", so it shouldn't have any effect unless you're in a browser with the extension installed. You can, however, press Ctrl Alt \ to bring up 1Password mini anywhere, which is handy for searching your 1Password data. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member
    edited May 2017

@brenty - Sorry for the delay in replying - just wanted to say thanks for your explanation. I've also wondered if a thanks button could be added to this forum, so I could acknowledge good advice from Agilebits staff or other members without the need to add a new post to a thread - is there a reason one hasn't been added yet?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@brenty - Sorry for the delay in replying - just wanted to say thanks for your explanation.

@pbryanw: No problem! I'm happy if it helped and you were able to get back to your life and forgot about this discussion, so it's really kind of you to take the time to follow up as well. :chuffed:

I've also wondered if a thanks button could be added to this forum, so I could acknowledge good advice from Agilebits staff or other members without the need to add a new post to a thread - is there a reason one hasn't been added yet?

That's a neat idea! The honest answer is that it just isn't something we can add. We didn't write the forum software. Sometimes I wish we had, as we'd have more flexibility to do things like that...but at the same time, that isn't our area of expertise, and we have plenty of work to do on 1Password still! Perhaps a forum software update will bring something like that in the future though. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.