Update to 6.6.405d didn't happen

geecee
geecee
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I received the email yesterday regarding the update to 6.6.405d. I waited over 24 hours but 1Password did not automatically update. I eventually went in to Options -> Update and attempted to update from there but get the message that the app is up to date (I'm still on 6.6.403).

Any thoughts?

1Password Version: 6.6.403
Extension Version: 4.6.5.1
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Fooligan
    Fooligan
    Community Member

The automatic update process worked on my work PC this morning. It was already on the recent version after I first logged in after the weekend.

I did notice that the "Automatically update when app is locked" option was disabled after the update.

• rshilliam1
    rshilliam1
    Community Member

The update worked from the 1password app just fine for me. I did need to check for update and elect to install the update even though the "Automatically Update when app is locked" was enabled. After the update the option was still enabled.

• mzehner
    mzehner
    Community Member

I'm in the same boat as OP - my copy still hadn't auto-updated by Monday at 5pm (central), so I went ahead and did the update manually. I confirmed that "Automatically update when app is locked" is checked (and was before).

Perhaps salient: I had my laptop sleeping all weekend (including when the email was sent and the start of the update window), and when I woke it up this morning 1Password was already running (as it almost always is). I checked for the update a while later, saw it hadn't happened, and closed the program and reopened it several times to see if that would trigger the update, but no luck.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the feedback on this everyone! For now at least, build 403 should automatically check for an update while the computer is running and 1Password is locked roughly every 8 hours. It won't be able to check if you're offline for some reason (for example, when my VPN disconnects it blocks network access) or if the computer is asleep, so I wonder if that accounts for some of these cases. Let us know if it's still not updating after another day or so, and after we release another update. It's very much a work in progress, so we're continuing to tweak how this works. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.