To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I forget master password but still remember secret key . How can reach for my account

Options
ammarasady
ammarasady
Community Member

I forget the master password , but still remember secret key . How can reach for my account?.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I forget master password but still I remember secret key . How can I reach for my account?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ammarasady: (Un)fortunately AgileBits doesn't ever have either your Account Key or Master Password, so it isn't possible for us to grant you access. The Master Password is chosen by you, and the Account Key is generated locally on your device. Neither is ever transmitted.

We don't have access to your data can't recover either of these for you, so I hope you're able to remember your Master Password. Otherwise it will not be possible to login to your 1Password Account. However, please try the tips in this guide as they may help you gain access again:

https://support.1password.com/master-password/#recover-your-master-password

If that doesn't help though, you will need to either restore from a backup, sync from another device, or simply start over. Please let me know how it turns out. I look forward to hearing back from you!

• ammarasady
    ammarasady
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for interest . Please i want to delete account and start over , how can i do that with same gmail which I was conjuncted it with previous account ? May be it will stay in the server as previous account as well as i cant access to my account from the same server ? I do'nt want email else for a new account , but the same gmail ?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ammarasady: Not a problem. I've send an account deletion email to you, so you can follow the steps there. Once you've done so, you can sign up for a new 1Password.com account. Just be sure to fill out your Emergency Kit and keep it in a safe place in case you ever need it. And be sure to let us know if you have any other questions!

• ammarasady
    ammarasady
    Community Member
    Options

Soory , I don't mean my account , but I mean my wife account which she and me were forgot master password of her account . She doesn't want prepare another gmail for new 1Password account , she is want start over with the same gmail . I can tell you about gmail and secret key of her account . We want to delete account . I apologize very much . I talked about that problem as if I had .

• ammarasady
    ammarasady
    Community Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

How can she make you trust that she want delete account ? Is it enough to send a gemail account of her ? This is here
    _[address removed by AgileBits for privacy on our public forum]_she is very grateful for you if she has a link to clear her account on her email .

• Frank
    Options

Hi ammarasady - Thank you for letting us know. I was able to locate the email you sent over to us. Let's continue the conversation via email so we don't share any private information here. I look forward to hearing back from you soon. :smile:

ref: HIB-66547-918

This discussion has been closed.