No Automatic Login

I have a MacBook Air with macOS Sierra version 10.12.4 and 1Password 6 version 6.6.4. When I use the 'mini' and select a login site, 1Password no longer automatically installs my login credentials or automatically does the login. The only thing 1Password does now after selecting the login site, is to take me to the login window after which I have to copy the login credentials from the 1Password window for this site and after doing that I have to manually submit the login credentials. I just noticed this problem today. Previously 1Password would sometimes not fill in all the login credentials, but when reopening the 1Password mini, the login site would be separately listed so that all I had to do was click on it in the mini window and it would fill in the missing login credential at the sites login window. What do I do to restore the functionality that I had previously with 1Password?

1Password Version: 6.6.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.12.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @rgevans871,

Sorry to hear you're having a problem filling your Logins in your browser! I hope you don't mind, but I've moved your message to our Saving and Filling in Browsers forum.

We'll need to know a few more details about your setup in order to figure out what's going on:

• Is the problem happening with only some websites / Login items, or all of them?
    • What web browser are you using, and what version?
    • What version of the 1Password extension is installed in your browser?
    • What happens if you select a Login item from the 1Password extension in your browser's toolbar (instead of from 1Password mini in the Mac's menu bar)?
    • Do you use a 1Password.com account?
    • When you click on 1Password mini, do you see any message about being in read-only mode, or an expired trial, or a frozen account?

Thanks in advance! :)

• rgevans871
    rgevans871
    Community Member

I'm using Chrome for my web browser. My problem must have been because I didn't have the 1Password extension installed in Chrome. I never have and 1Password has always worked fine until yesterday. After installing the extension, it works fine again. Thanks for your help. Ron.

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni

Hi @rgevans871,

Glad you were able to get 1Password back working again.

If you ever need anything else, please don't hesitate to write again. We're always here to help.

Best regards,
    Matthew

This discussion has been closed.