android app not accepting my KEY

sds
sds
Community Member

loaded the app on my google android phone. entered the info, and it will not accept the key provided from the preferences section. Now I do believe i run 1 Password 3 (whatever that means)...

1Password Version: Version 3.8.22 (build 32010)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macbook pro
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:android app not accepting my KEY

Comments

• Hi @sds. Thanks for getting in touch with us today and welcome to the forum! :)

If you're using 1Password 3 on your Mac, then you don't have a 1Password account, which is what the Secret Key is for. 1Password accounts (which is what the Secret Key and sign-in address are linked to) are part of a new subscription service we just introduced last year, where your data is stored in our servers and then we sync it for you. 1Password 6 for Mac is required for an account, and since you're using 3, then it sounds like you were using the standalone "sync it yourself" version, and you'll just need to sync your data instead of signing into an account.

Instead of signing into an account from the launch screen, choose a sync option (Dropbox, or WLAN) to sync your existing data.

If you'd like to try out the accounts, there are lots of perks. Have a look here for more info:
    https://support.1password.com/why-account/

Please give that a shot and let us know how it goes!

• sds
    sds
    Community Member

Fair enough. I'll check into it.

Thanks for the follow up
    sds

• No problem. Let me know if you need anything else and I'll be happy to help!

This discussion has been closed.