Autofill Identity Forms and Chrome Extension glitch

Options

Hi, I've been trying to read up on this issue but cant seem to find much to my specific problem that has helped. There's 2 things I'm refering to.

For my work i have to typically fill out a lot of forms for a lot basic info.. name, email, address. For this stuff I was looking to use the Identity fill out but it ends up never working. And by never, i mean that it has not worked on any websites. What typically happens, is that I am on the site and i hit my Identity option on the chrome extension, and then it just disappears without having filled out any information. I've read about it having to do with my version of 1PW, and double checked to see if it is up-to-date, which i believe it is.

My second problem, is more of a nuisance than a real problem. When it comes to using my master password to unlock the chrome extension. It typically freezes for 20 seconds before i can use it to fill out a login. I typically just click away to close the extension and then re-open it to then fill out the login.

Of course these problems aren't that big, but i expect this software to speed everything up in my day to day.

Looking forward to a response! thanks guys.

1Password Version: Windows: 6.5.401d
Extension Version: Chrome: 4.6.4.90
OS Version: Windows 10.
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2017
    Options

Hey @gardia25,

Thanks for writing in and sorry about the poor experience with Identity items. You look like you're up to date - 6.5.401d is the latest version of 1Password for Windows. The Chrome extension's version is correct too.

For this stuff I was looking to use the Identity fill out but it ends up never working.

Sorry about this - I would love to know which website you've tried - a website URL to the web page you were on would really help me see what you see. Then I can try myself and see if I can reproduce the problem and perhaps find a fix. If not, I can let you know if we have a bug there that needs fixing.

My second problem, is more of a nuisance than a real problem. When it comes to using my master password to unlock the chrome extension. It typically freezes for 20 seconds before i can use it to fill out a login. I typically just click away to close the extension and then re-open it to then fill out the login.

Hmmm, this is unusual - personally I haven't found it to take anywhere near that long, it's practically instantaneous except for the unlocking animation. There was work done to improve the unlocking speed as of version 6.5.400. Are you running on a very old computer or do you have a lot of times (more than 1,000) or any very large items?

Matthew

• gardia25
    gardia25
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @matthew_ag, thanks for the quick response.
    Best example would be on Amazon. Like, if i was trying to go through the checkout and wanted to add a new address or new credit card, the 1PW chrome extension does'nt fill it in.

I have a relatively new computer, Dell XPS 13.
    I have about 100 saved forms on 1PW.

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @gardia25,

Thanks for letting me know Amazon was the issue - I have tried testing this with 1Password 6 for Windows (with the same version you reported as using) and was able to fill out an Identity item in a number of different Amazon address forms including the one on the "Addresses" section of the checkout process. I do know that some people have reported issues with their Identity items not filling after they upgraded from 1Password 4 to 1Password 6. Re-creating their Identity item helped resolve the issue for them. Perhaps re-creating an Identity item might help in this case too.

As for your computer it sounds like a very nice machine and since XPS machines are no slackers there shouldn't be any delay especially with that number of items. If you reboot your computer do you still see the same slowness in unlocking 1Password?

You mentioned that it freezes for roughly 20 seconds - when it freezes like this, does it appear that it is stuck in the process of "unlocking" (the unlocking animation has not completed) or is this slowness only when you click on the browser extension?

Let me know how that goes and if you've any questions about anything above don't hesitate to send a reply.

Best regards,
    Matthew

• gardia25
    gardia25
    Community Member
    Options

Awesome, so deleting and making a new ID card actually fixed all my problems! thank you

As for the freezing, it seemed to be fixed after i deleted and redownloaded the extension. Thanks @matthew_ag. Really making my life easier here. Have a good one!

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @gardia25,

That is so great to hear - glad it helped. :chuffed:

If you ever need anything else, please don't hesitate to write again. We're always here to help.

Best regards,
    Matthew

This discussion has been closed.