Cannot force sync with 1Password account manually

the_ress
the_ress
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I often switch between connections with and without proxy. When I change a password while using a connection with proxy, the sync fails and I can't trigger it manually when I connect to a network without proxy. I have to make some change to the item or wait until 1Password notices it's out of sync. (It would be best if 1Password tried to sync automatically when I change the network after previous sync failed, but it should be possible to trigger it manually when everything else fails. This happened to me a few times already and it's always frustrating.)

Here are log messages about the failed sync:

AgileBits.OnePassword.Framework.HttpConnection
HTTP GET https://[my-account-url].1password.com/api/v1/overview with error 0x80131509

System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: An error occurred while sending the request. ---> System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 54.86.111.162:443
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndConnect(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at System.Net.Http.HttpClientHandler.GetResponseCallback(IAsyncResult ar)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at System.Net.Http.HttpClient.<FinishSendAsync>d__58.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter`1.GetResult()
   at AgileBits.OnePassword.Framework.HttpConnection.<SendAsync>d__15.MoveNext() in C:\code\opw\AgileBits.OnePassword.Shared\ObjectModel\HttpConnection.cs:line 50

AgileBits.OnePassword.ObjectModel.AccountSyncActivity
Synced A2.

AgileBits.OnePassword.ObjectModel.ActManager
Sync A2 is complete (63032 ms).

1Password Version: 6.6.405d
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 (1703)
Sync Type: 1Password account

Comments

• Hi @the_ress,

Thanks for reporting this.

1Password does try to reconnect as soon as a network connection is re-established but it depends on Windows mostly to inform 1Password.

How are you manually switching connections?

• the_ress
    the_ress
    Community Member

Most often I'm switching betwen my home wifi and work VPN. (The VPN network uses a proxy; it's configured automatically over WPAD.)

• MikeT
    edited April 2017

Hi @the_ress,

Are you using a specific tool to automate the network switch or clicking on the network icon in the notification area to switch between them?

WPAD, unfortunately, isn't supported in 1Password's network stack and that would explain why it wouldn't work automatically and why manual sync button wouldn't help either.

However, are you saying that if you switch from VPN to home Wi-Fi, 1Password still won't reconnect on its own?

This discussion has been closed.