To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Hi - I'm trialling 1Password - all good so far. But I'm not clear about access from a public PC?

Options
Bartons
Bartons
Community Member

I've installed on my Mac desktop, and the app's on my Android phone. But what if I want to access sites from my university PCs, which don't have 1Password installed? I'm afraid to use the password generator to change from my currently memorable password to a complex one that I can't remember, if I can't go via 1Password.
Am I missing something really obvious?
Thanks for your advice and patience with a newbie.

1Password Version: 6.6.4 (664001)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.12.4 Sierra
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:non 1password computer

Comments

• Frank
    Options

Hi @Bartons - That's great question and thank you for asking! You can log into your account via the web app to access your 1Password data from any computer. You can enable private mode / incognito mode via the browser or just delete the browsing history before leaving the computer. If you have your Android phone, you can copy the Secret Key from there since it's an authorized device. Your Secret Key and Master Password are never transmitted but just remember to clear the browsing history before you leave. Even better, just open a window in private mode then you'll be fine :smile: It sounds like you're off to a great start and I hope this helped. Let us know if you have any additional questions, we're happy to assist.

• Bartons
    Bartons
    Community Member
    Options

Many thanks Frank.

• Frank
    Options

You're very welcome @Bartons :+1: Please feel free to reach out to us anytime! We're here and happy to assist. Have a great weekend!

This discussion has been closed.