1Password for families and private valuts

Endicot
Endicot
Community Member

Does being and administrator allow me to read family members private valuts? Not to be a snoop, but I can see certain emergency where this would be convenient

Recovery of family member valuts.
If a family member loses their secret key and/or foregets the master key. Does being a administrator allow me to recover their vault?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Does being and administrator allow me to read family members private valuts? Not to be a snoop, but I can see certain emergency where this would be convenient

@Endicot: Nope! Good question though! Private/Personal vaults are only accessible to the individual user. So it's also good to have a contingency plan in place, perhaps with them putting some critical information in a hared vault you have access to.

Recovery of family member valuts. If a family member loses their secret key and/or foregets the master key. Does being a administrator allow me to recover their vault?

Yep! But to be clear what this allows you to do is recover the account for them. You still won't have access to any of their data (unless it's in a vault which is shared with you), but it lets you as an Organizer bail them out if they lose their keys — sort of like if they lock themselves out of their car, but without you having the keys yourself. Ain't technology great? :)

This discussion has been closed.