To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

No way to save password data in EU

helgek
helgek
Community Member

Hi,

as far as I can see you still don't offer an EU option for online sync options. Using 1Password for Windows in connection with either DropBox or 1Password account would store the data in U.S. This is a compliance issue not only for companies but also e.g. for self-employed people or small businesses who e.g. deal with personal data (e.g. doctors, therapists, schools, etc.). It's a pity that you don't seem to address this issue with more attention, nor is it understandable from a business point of view as you could possibly easily win a lot of additional customers abroad currently unable to make use of your products.

What keeps you from booking some AWS instances in the EU? Slightly higher subscription prices shouldn't be an obstacle for most business-oriented customers.

Best, Helge

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @helgek - We appreciate the interest and feedback. I can't comment on future development but it's something we're interested in. It's a little more complicated than simply deploying to an EU amazon datacenter as not all datacenters are created equal. For example, they don't all support the Aurora database that we make use of. We're trying to break away from our dependence on the US Amazon datacenters so that we can hopefully offer this. I understand there's a solid business case for the EU hosted service, but we're a pretty small team and we can only work on so many things at once. I hope this helped a bit and let me know if you have any additional questions. :+1:

• helgek
    helgek
    Community Member

Hi Frank. Thank you for your reply with some helpful insights to better understand the situation. Like you I believe that there's a promising business case for this, so I hope you will soon have the capacity to make this step towards EU hosted PW accounts. Good luck with this.

• On behalf of Frank, you're welcome :) I hope we have something ready soon too.

This discussion has been closed.