would it be possible to get the password generator to work on Android?

lrosenman
lrosenman
Community Member

Occasionally changing password on Android, and it would be nice(tm) to have the password generator available?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 7.0
Sync Type: 1P.com account
Referrer: forum-search:password generator on Android?

Comments

• Hi @lrosenman. Can you let me know how you're changing passwords? The reason I ask is because the password generator is indeed available to you when editing an item in the main app--just tap the key icon next to the password field.

Let me know! Thanks!

• lrosenman
    lrosenman
    Community Member

I want it to be able to generate a new password for a webpage/weblink AND update 1P.

• Gotcha, @lrosenman. I'll pass this along to our devs. We'll see what we can do to improve the changing website passwords workflow.

In the meantime, if you have Nougat, I recommend using multiwindow mode. You could have 1Password open in one window, and the website in the other. Then it would just be a matter of copying your current password into the website, editing the item in 1Password, and tapping the password generator to generate and save a new password, which you could then paste into the site. :)

• tsalonia
    tsalonia
    Community Member

what about when you want to create a NEW login entry in 1Password? Similar to how the iOS version works. When on a new website, you can select an option to "Create new Login," and 1P will let you create the new login entry right from the website/app? Could that be possible to do also?

• Hi @tsalonia. We don't have a Login creator on Android like on iOS, but I'll add your vote for this feature! For the time being, you'll need to create Logins and generate passwords using the main app. If your device is on Nougat, you should be able to make use of multi-window mode for easier Login creation. :)

• Heannlly
    Heannlly
    Community Member

what password generator did you use? there are many password generator there.
    https://www.iseepassword.com/best-password-generator-for-android.html

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

@Heannlly, when Peri wrote "you'll need to create Logins and generate passwords using the main app", she was referring to 1Password. Sorry if that wasn't clear! Please let us know if you have more questions about 1Password. :)

This discussion has been closed.