Hi I'm about to change my password for my Samsung account but 1password does not show up?

using PC
https://account.samsung.com/membership/updatePasswordChangeView.do

just a newbie to 1password
please assist :)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Hi I'm about to change my password for my Samsung account but 1password does not show up?

Comments

• Hi @eeede - Welcome to the 1Password family :smile: I'll be happy to help out. You want to create a login item with your current user ID and current password. Once you create the login item, you can click on the browser extension to access the login item you just created. Or you can click on the url link from in the app and it will open and fill your user ID and password. Once you log into the account, then use the password generator to create a strong unique password for the account. I created an example below on how I set this up on my end. I hope this helped and let us know if you have any further questions :+1:

• eeede
    eeede
    Community Member

Hi Clark, I know, the problem is this, on the password changing filling blocks on the samsung account page -url in my question-, you can not right click or use ctrl paste!

• Hi @eeede - Did you create a login item for this website already? When you go to - https://account.samsung.com/membership/updatePasswordChangeView.do, you should be able to click on the 1Password browser extension which will populate the user ID and password field for you. Sorry just trying to get a better understanding so I can better assist you. :+1:

• eeede
    eeede
    Community Member

yes, thanks, i was there, I do have the 1password extension (I'm using Firefox).
    So this is what happened, I had the samsung profile page and the 1password box generating new passwords on every click. To paste you need the old fashioned menu bar, click edit and so forth, since on the samsung site there is just no support for a right click or a ctrl v, as I said earlier. But in using the menu bar, the 1password extension disappears totally, so to recover your newly made password you need to start 1password and scroll to the newest log, of course WITH NO NAME, to copy and menu bar-paste and update the 1password login for Samsung
    I'm sorry, you all seem so kind, but this was REALLY annoying.

• Hi @eeede - After you updated the password, did the extension prompt you to update the existing login item for your Samsung account? I appreciate the additional details you provided, very helpful. I'm sorry again for the troubles and I'm glad you were able to locate the updated password via the 1Password app.

• eeede
    eeede
    Community Member

No, by then the extension was gone, I had to prompt it again, but the extension, making a fresh start and, well, empty, came up with a new password.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Ah, thanks for clarifying. We appreciate the feedback!

This discussion has been closed.