Unable to sign into my family account on New Windows PC

I am a long time 1Password user on my Mac. Today I tried to install 1Password on my Work PC, and connect to my 1Password Family Account.

I correctly entered the details of
Sign in Address
Email Address
Account Key
Master Password

and received the error message...

Unable to sign in, please check details provided and your network connection.

The details are correct
My Network Connection is working.

Currently the default browser is Internet Explorer - wondering if this is the issue. I'm waiting for Chrome to be installed by work support team.

1Password Version: 6.5.401
Extension Version: n/a atm
OS Version: Windows 7 SP1
Sync Type: N/A atm

Comments

• Hi @colindarra,

Thanks for writing in.

Since you've mentioned the work IT team, it might be the work network restrictions getting in the way, such as a proxy. If your work does have a proxy, 1Password needs to know about it.

On the Sign In page, check on the settings icon on top right and you should see the Network tab to enter your proxy settings. You may need this info from your IT department.

If it doesn't work, let us know.

• colindarra
    colindarra
    Community Member

will check tomorrow - thanks for the advice

• To save time tomorrow, send us your 1Password logs from Windows Event Viewer if the proxy settings didn't work. Here's how:

1. Click on the start button to search for Event Viewer, open it.
    2. On the left sidebar, expand Applications and Services Logs, 1Password should show up below here
    3. Right click on 1Password to select Save all events as and save it as 'logs.txt', set Save as Type to Text (tab delimited) (*.txt)
    4. Email that file to us at support+windowsbeta@agilebits.com and in the email, also include the link to this thread along with your forum username.

Let us know here when you've sent the email, so we can confirm we got it.

• colindarra
    colindarra
    Community Member
    edited April 2017

OK - have done as you requested - email sent today at 18:42 UK time.

I will admit to using the wrong PW initially (RED FACED) but that is now definitely corrected. From my very quick look at the Event logs, it seems that when I use the app, it is not DNS resolving. However, when I go to my family account directly via the google browser, I can connect and access my passwords.

Just doesn't happen via the app.

Further Info...

The default Browser in my office is IE11 although I do have access to Chrome, I'm just not allowed to make it default.
    I have very limited Command Line Access - can ping and tracert, but no nslookup

• colindarra
    colindarra
    Community Member

tracert ^^

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017

Hello @colindarra,

Thank you for the logs! We will take a closer look at them and get back to you via email as soon as possible. Thank you once again! :+1:

ref: BHR-88881-568

• colindarra
    colindarra
    Community Member

I responded to your email. Thanks for working out what was wrong. It was simply not prefixing the proxy name and port with http://

Everything is working well now.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@colindarra: Thank you for keeping us posted! :) On behalf of Alex and our team you are very welcome!

Feel free to contact us anytime in the future. We are here for you.

Have a great day!

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.