To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Where do I report phishing emails?

Pandacar
Pandacar
Community Member

The last two days I have been working with the AgileBits forum to resolve a syncing issue I had. It was successfully resolved, thank you.

This morning I received an email from the email address "hello@1Password.com" asking me to verify my email address and "finishing setting up" my account.

I believe this is a phishing email, because it is not from AgileBits.com, so I have not clicked on it. I would just like to know where to report this email, if you are interested?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:phishing

Comments

• Hi @Leighaheydt - Thank you for reaching out to us to confirm. Yes, the email from "hello@1Password.com" did come from us. It sounds like you signed up for a 1Password membership and the email is asking you to confirm the new account by clicking on the "Let's get started" link. Sorry for the confusion and thank you for contacting us over here to verify. Let me know if you have any further questions and I'll be happy to help out :+1:

• Pandacar
    Pandacar
    Community Member

Oh, okay, thank you for clarifying. I do not want the membership at this time, but may at some point in the future. Is there anything I need to do about that at this time?

• Hi @Leighaheydt - You're very welcome and thank you for for checking with us :wink: You can then just disregard the email and if you decide to sign up for a 1Password membership in the future, let us know and we'll be happy to help out. :smile: Enjoy the rest of your day!

• Pandacar
    Pandacar
    Community Member

@frank Ok, thanks. Will there be anything special I have to do at that time, i.e. contact support directly, or will I just be able to follow the normal course of action?

• @Leighaheydt - If you don't confirm the account by clicking the special verification link in the email, it expires after a certain period of time for security reasons. When you're ready, you can sign up for a 1Password membership here - https://1password.com/sign-up/
    Of course, if you run into any questions along the way, we'll be here if you need us :smile:

This discussion has been closed.