Sometimes PDF files in 1Browser are displayed as text files

dsvdl
dsvdl
Community Member

Sometimes, when I want to display a PDF files in 1Browser, I get de PDF displayed as a text file.
E.g. starting with the characters "%PDF-1.4" . I don't get it al the time so I guess it depends on how the PDF file has been generated.
These PDF files can be displayed correctly in Safari though.

1Password Version: 6.5.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10.3.1
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Hi @dsvdl

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about this. Do you have an example we could check out (link)?

Ben

• dsvdl
    dsvdl
    Community Member

Hi @ben,

Thanks for your quick reply. While trying to get you a PDF file which displays incorrectly in 1Browser I found out that it's probably not the PDF file but the way the website presents it's data to 1Browser. Safari doesn't show the PDF file either but shows an PDF icon plus the Open in "iBooks" and More... commands instead:

When I choose More... and on the iOS share sheet presented next Add To iCloud Drive, I get a PDF file which is displayed as a blank page by the iCloud app on iOS but which is displayed correctly by Preview on an iMac (running Yosemite). Using Convert to PDF (the PDF Converter app created by Readdle) on the iOS share sheet displays the PDF correctly as well.

1Browser shows:

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need any additional info.

Derk Sivert

• Thanks Derk. I suspect you are right. Do you have link to a PDF file that works this way that we can have to test?

Ben

• dsvdl
    dsvdl
    Community Member

Hi Ben,

I do have a file, even multiple, but I don't want to make its contents publicly available. Is there a way to send it to you directly?

Thanks,

Derk Sivert

• Derk,

Sure, you can email us at support+forum@agilebits.com. Please post the Support ID you get back here. But just to be clear: I'm looking for a URL, not a PDF file attachment. As you suggested it looks like the problem is with the way the server is presenting the file to the browser, not the PDF itself.

Thanks.

Ben

• dsvdl
    dsvdl
    Community Member

Hi Ben,

The problem is that the it concerns the website of a health insurance company which is projected by a national id. I can't make that available I'm afraid. I am not sure now how to continue.

Thanks,

Derk Sivert

• Thanks Derk. If you find a PDF that has this problem that isn't sensitive please let us know. I'll file a report with our development team based on the information that we have.

Hopefully we can track down the issue, and if it is on our end fix it, but I'd suggest using Safari with the 1Password extension to access these PDFs in the mean time.

Ben

• dsvdl
    dsvdl
    Community Member

Thanks Ben, I will. I guess your development team might have an idea about what is going as the PDF is not displayed in the usual way in Safari.

Derk Sivert

• You're very welcome. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.