To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How can I enter a 6-digit exp. date for my Mastercard?

laura_gottwald
laura_gottwald
Community Member

My old Mastercard had a 4-digit exp. date. 1Password won't allow me to enter more than 4 numerals, but I need to enter 6.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:My new Mastercard has a 6-digit date, v.s.a 4-digit date. iPassword won't allow me to enter it.

Comments

• laura_gottwald
    laura_gottwald
    Community Member

Help, help!!!!!

• Hi @laura_gottwald - Thank you for contacting us. You should be able to select the expiration data from the drop down menu. Select the month and year from the menu and you should be good to go. For example if my card showed an expiration data of 04/19. I would select 04 under the "month" and 2019 under the "year". I will include a screenshot below and let us know if you have any further questions.

• laura_gottwald
    laura_gottwald
    Community Member

Yes, I get that. But the old MC had an expiration date of 05/18. The new MC has an expiration date of 09/30/21. 1Password rejects the numbers I input after the 4th number (0). It won't take the longer date.

• Hi @laura_gottwald - Thank you for getting back to me. Can you try entering just the month and year - 09/21? Keep me posted if this works or if you run into any trouble :+1:

• laura_gottwald
    laura_gottwald
    Community Member

I am sure I can do that, but the full date is 6 digits, so 4 digits may not allow me to charge on the card.

• Hi @laura_gottwald - It should work. Most sites only require the "month" and "year" when adding a credit card. If you encounter an error let me know and I'll investigate on my end :+1:

• laura_gottwald
    laura_gottwald
    Community Member

OK. Thank you. I'll try it tonight.
    Laura

• Sounds like a plan :wink: I look forward to hearing back from you.

This discussion has been closed.