"acctnum" missing on Web form details

Hello, I have 8 bank accounts logins saved to my account, for work. I love how easy it is to sign in by pressing Ctrl + \ and selecting the appropriate account.

However, 2 of my accounts don't work for this method, and they haven't for months. I select them, and nothing populates. I have been manually Launching the app, copying and pasting individually. This is not cool!

I compared details at length to find out what was different with these 2 accounts. The only clue is when I "Show Web Form Details" all my other accounts have the following fields: query, memaccts, acctnum, pac, address. These other 2 accounts have these fields only: submit, query, search, pac, Continue, address, submit.

My hunch is that I need to add "acctnum" as a field --- but I don't know how.

Your help would be much appreciated!

1Password Version: 6.5.401
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:acctnum missing

Comments

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2017

Hey @verity,

It sounds like you've discovered the difference that's causing this all by yourself. :) The web form details section of the Login items contain specific information that is tied directly to the web page and is created when the Login item was created initially. This allows 1Password to be very accurate when it comes to filling the Login item into the web page because it has this extra information.

However, as you have discovered there is a downside which is that if the website maintainers change the elements of the web page that the web form details section of the Login item refer to then the filling mechanism can break. Hopefully we can come up with a way to prevent this kind of failure in the future but we're not there yet.

Instead the solution should just to be to re-create these two Login items using the "Save New Login" feature of 1Password for Windows 6. The screenshot in that guide are a little bit out of date currently as this feature has just been added to version 6 of 1Password for Windows however the steps are the same.

Let me know how that goes and if you've any questions about anything above don't hesitate to send a reply.

Best regards,
    Matthew

ref: akb-622

• verity
    verity
    Community Member

Thank you so much! Yes this fixed my problem, I am so pleased : D

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni

You're very welcome @verity,

Glad I was able to help :chuffed:

If you ever need anything else, please don't hesitate to write again. We're always here to help.

Best regards,
    Matthew

This discussion has been closed.