To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Forgot Master Password, what were the requirements so that I can try remembering it

daisy_manzo
daisy_manzo
Community Member

I forgot my master password, I have always been using my touch ID therefore it came easy to just forget about it. All of a sudden my app stopped promping me to use touch ID and instead enter my master password. I can't seeem to remember and I am panicking as I have vital information in my account. Please someone help me.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Forgot Master Password, what were the requirements so that I can try remembering it

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@daisy_manzo: Do you have a 1Password Account? (Un)fortunately AgileBits doesn't ever have either your Secret Key or Master Password, as that wouldn't be very secure at all. The Master Password is chosen by you, and the Secret Key is generated locally on your device. Neither is ever transmitted.

We don't have access to your data can't recover either of these for you, so I hope you're able to find your Emergency Kit, or have another authorized device where you can view your Account Key. Otherwise it will not be possible to login to your 1Password Account. However, please try the tips in this guide as they may help you gain access again:

https://support.1password.com/master-password/#recover-your-master-password

If that doesn't help though, you will need to either restore from a backup, sync from another device, or simply start over. Please let me know how it turns out. I look forward to hearing back from you!

• daisy_manzo
    daisy_manzo
    Community Member

@brenty When creating the master password were there any requirements such as:
    -you need a upper case and lower case
    -can't use your name
    -must have a special character
    -must be x amount of characters

this can help me remember what password I created

• Hi @daisy_manzo - Good question! The only requirement I'm aware of is the length of the password. We require the password to at least be 10 characters in length. Remember spaces do count and make sure your CAPS lock is off. You can guess multiple times without the fear of being locked out. Sorry for the troubles and keep us posted if you have any additional questions. We'll do our best :smile:

This discussion has been closed.