1PW3 will not open. gets message,"Database error 1: unable to read version (6922 I/O error).

Options
cyberusty
cyberusty
Community Member

See troubleshoot diagnostic rept attached.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1 Password 3 will not open

Comments

• cyberusty
    cyberusty
    Community Member
    Options

Help. Trying to upgrade to 1PW6 but cannot open 1PW3 to uninstall.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @cyberusty,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble upgrading to 1Password 6! You posted your message in our iOS forum, but your screenshot appears to be of a diagnostics report for the Mac version of 1Password 3. Can you please clarify if the problem is happening on a Mac or an iOS device? Thanks in advance! :)

• cyberusty
    cyberusty
    Community Member
    Options

Macbook Pro. This forum appeared to me to be the closest option offered by drop-down window on Help page.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@cyberusty: No problem. Thanks for clarifying! Just want to make sure we're on the same page.

It sounds like the vault you're using may be damaged or missing data. Are you syncing it with other devices, and do you have a backup?

Also, you don't need to be able to open 1Password 3 to uninstall it, but let's figure out this issue first. Let me know what you find! :)

• cyberusty
    cyberusty
    Community Member
    Options

I finally received solution from agilbits...but thank you for your response.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's great news, I'm glad to hear our support team was able to help you solve that! Hopefully you're all set now, but if you have more questions or need anything else, just let us know. :)

ref: QUQ-39432-561

This discussion has been closed.