Blocked from posting an edit

Smudge
Smudge
Community Member

I needed to edit a new post as I forgot a bit of information. The edit was not allowed because I had recently posted a message. I had to wait 5 minutes to try again.

You have posted 1 times within 120 seconds. A spam block is now in effect on your account. You must wait at least 300 seconds before attempting to post again.

Could you adjust this to take into consideration the user account information like how long the user has been around or how many posts they have created previously? This way you could block new accounts that are here to SPAM but long-term "trusted" accounts would not be blocked.

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

+1 (I have more than once "suffered" the same thing)

• Hi folks,

It does not appear the forum software we use offers that level of granularity. Sorry for the inconvenience. :(

Ben

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited April 2017

Additionally, the forum software is still broken with regards to posting any new discussions and saving to Drafts first. I have discard my Draft, recompose, and post immediately.

It isn't the same issue as the OP but I am still blocked from posting an edit.

• If you're having trouble with the forum software please feel free to email us for support: support+forum@agilebits.com.

Thanks.

Ben

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

If you're having trouble with the forum software please feel free to email us for support: support+forum@agilebits.com.

I will do so.

Thanks.

• :+1: :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.