Disable 1Password mini

Hello, is it possible to disable 1Password mini and instead always open a normal app (when clicking on the icon)?
Is it a hotkey to be associated with the normal app (I know you have a hotkey for mini)?

1Password Version: latest
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 10
Sync Type: 1password.com

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi there @AlexShapo,

Thank you for getting in touch and raising interesting questions! :)

If we are talking about 1Password icon in the notification area (system tray), then you can right click on 1Password icon and choose "Open 1Password app" from the context menu:

Is there a specific reason why you want to open the main 1Password app instead of mini? I am asking you this because I don't think it will be convenient to open 1Password app every time you click on 1Password icon in your browser.

Here is the list of the currently available shortcuts in 1Password 6 for Windows. Please share your thoughts about this behaviour, so we could discuss. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

• AlexShapo
    AlexShapo
    Community Member

Thanks, Greg, yes I know about context menu. The reason why I want full application is I don't like mini, I found it much easy to work with the normal application, also most of the time I need to open it because I adding passwords. If at least you have a hotkey to open the full application it will help.

• Thanks for this suggestion, @AlexShapo, we'll take it into consideration.

That said, here's a possible workaround: you can always open the main app, pin it to the task bar, and have quick, one-click access to the main app.

Cheers,

Alex

• AlexShapo
    AlexShapo
    Community Member

Thanks, @AlexHoffmann , in fact, that is what I need and solved my problem.

• numpty
    numpty
    Community Member

Hi @Greg

Could you guys look at adding an option to change the default behaviour of left clicking the system tray icon?

The only time I use the system try icon is to open the full app, because i want to edit an entry or add a note, etc. Any other time i'll use the keyboard shortcuts or browser extension button

Cheers
    Damian.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@numpty: Personally, I always want it to open the app when I double-click the notification icon. I can't promise anything right now, but we'll see what we can do to make it more convenient. Thanks for the feedback! :)

ref: OPW6-655

This discussion has been closed.