Unable to login to my 1Password account on my Iphone and Mac

Options
nlovfors
nlovfors
Community Member

Hi,
I signed up for a subscription on your website and I can login at my.1password.com without a problem. I can also login to the 1password program on my Windows computer. However I can not sign in on my Iphone or on my Mac. When I try to login, both using the QR code and typing everything manually I get "Invalid login information". I thought that if I had a subscription I would have access from all my devices?

//Niklas

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: IOS 10.3.1
Sync Type: 1password.com

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @nlovfors

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

You are correct in that a 1Password.com subscription account allows you to use 1Password on all of your supported devices, including your Mac and iPhone. Could you please try generating a fresh Emergency Kit, and then login based on the details on the new kit?

1Password Emergency Kit

Please let me know how that turns out.

Ben

• nlovfors
    nlovfors
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Ben,

I tried generating a new emergancy kit and using that to login. But it is still not working. Getting the same message.

//Niklas

• Ben
    Options

@nlovfors

Do you have any accented characters (e.x. ñ á etc) in your Master Password? If so could you please change it to something that contains only the characters on this keyboard?

Thanks.

Ben

• nlovfors
    nlovfors
    Community Member
    Options

@ Ben,

That did the trick! Many thanks.

//Niklas

• Ben
    Ben
    edited April 2017
    Options

Thanks! Sorry for the trouble on that. It appears we have a bug with the way in which the Mac and iOS apps handle accented characters. Hopefully our development team can get that fixed up soon, but in the mean time the safest bet is to limit your Master Password to those characters.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.