Favorites not syncing between iMac 1Password and iPhone 6Plus

vmousavi
vmousavi
Community Member

When I add a password as favorite on my iMac, I don't see it on my iPhone 6 Plus and vice versa. This was working before. I use Dropbox for sync. I am running the latest MacOS and iOS.

1Password Version: 6.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS Sierra 10.12.4, iOS 10.31
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Favorites not syncing between iMac 1Password and iPhone 6Plus

Comments

• vmousavi
    vmousavi
    Community Member

Another problem I have is that I can no longer re-order the favorites on my iPhone. I can reorder them on the Mac.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @vmousavi,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with Favorites! I hope you don't mind, but since it sounds like the problems are mostly happening on your iPhone, I've moved this thread to our iOS forum.

When I add a password as favorite on my iMac, I don't see it on my iPhone 6 Plus and vice versa.

Is there a problem syncing 1Password changes in general, or only new Favorites? Please create a new Secure Note in 1Password on your iPhone and name it something like "iPhone test". Then do the same on your Mac (create a new Secure Note and call it something like "Mac test"). Do both new items sync correctly to each device?

If new items sync correctly, do you happen to have multiple vaults in 1Password? And if so, are you looking at the "All Vaults" view in 1Password, or at a specific vault?

Another problem I have is that I can no longer re-order the favorites on my iPhone.

Can you elaborate on that? You should be able to tap Edit at the top of Favorites, then use the 3-line button on the right side of an item to drag it up or down. What happens when you do that?

• vmousavi
    vmousavi
    Community Member

I added 3 secure notes: one on my iPhone, one on my iPad, and one on my iMac. I do not see the secure note entered on the iMac on my iPhone or iPad. I also do not see the notes entered on my iPhone and iPad on my iMac. I do see the iPhone note on the iPad and the iPad note on the iPhone. So it looks like my iMac is no longer syncing with my iOS devices. I had created a new login on my iPhone on April 25 that shows up on my iMac, so this was working as of two days ago. I updated the 1Password app on my iMac today thinking this would solve the issue, but it did not.

• vmousavi
    vmousavi
    Community Member

After I shut down my iMac and restarted it, the secure notes and favorites synced. So there must have something wrong with my machine not syncing with Dropbox. Thank you for your prompt reply in any case.

• Thanks for the update @vmousavi. Sounds like it was a Mac issue afterall. Glad to hear you were able to get it resolved. :)

If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.