Delete logins directly from the 1password extension

I often end up with a lot of duplicate logins. It would be really useful to be able to right click on a defunct login from the extension and delete it!

Thanks

DQ

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Feature request

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dpaq,

Thank you for your suggestion! :+1:

Could you please elaborate and tell me how do you end up with a lot of duplicate items in your vault? Maybe we will be able to solve the cause of the issue, not its consequence. :) Thank you very much in advance!

Cheers,
    Greg

• dpaq
    dpaq
    Community Member

Thanks for your reply. If I am on a site and asked to create a new username and password then often 1password will save this. But its not smart enough to relate this to the actual page (that would be nice) so end up having duplicates. Also the same is true for password resets. Or sites that ask questions as part of the account setup. I guess you would advise not to save these and only save the login page.

• Hi @dpaq,

Thanks for elaborating. 1Password should at the very least save the correct URL for a given page but security question forms are tough and it might trigger the 1Password auto-save feature.

As for editing the items in 1Password mini, we're thinking about that but in the meantime you can right-click an item in 1Password mini and it will open the main app with the item selected, so you can quickly make edits. (At least it should but we broke this feature and are working to fix it.)

I hope you'll find this information to be helpful. Should you need help with something else, simply contact us again.

Cheers,

Alex

• dpaq
    dpaq
    Community Member

Hi Alex

Thanks for your reply. Should 1Password be smart enough to figure out if i register for a site that the same password should be used for the login? this does not seem to happen.

Thanks!

DQ

• It should save the entirety of the form, including the password. Unless the way the password fields are labeled in a completely crazy way on the sign-up page, it shouldn't prompt you to save a new login on the sign-in page.

If it's not sensitive information, would you be willing to share the site with us?

Cheers,

Alex

This discussion has been closed.