To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Incredibly confused

Macorin
Macorin
Community Member

I purchased 1Passeord Mac and iOS and have been a user for some time. I know there's recently been a change to subscriptions and this is what I'm confused about.

1Password works on my Mac and on my iPhone. I also have the 1Password app downloaded on my PC. This is where I'm running into confusion. The PC app just doesn't seem to work correctly. I have it linked via Dropbox to my vault and I can open the app on the PC and view things, but that's where it ends. I can't add new entries on the PC version and worse, when I go to a site, it asks me if I want to add a login and/or update an existing one, but it a) isn't recognizing that I already have that login in my 1Password database. Quite simply, the PC version just isn't working. It partially works, but seems completely nonfunctional in most ways.

Is this because I haven't signed up for a subscription? I'm looking for clarity here so I can move forward.

Comments

• Hi @macorin - Thank you for reaching out to us. Yes, 1Password 6 for Windows requires an active subscription in order to work properly. 1Password 6 doesn't not support local vaults. You can view your data but you can't edit it until you migrate it over to the Personal vault. As of right now, 1Password 6 is only compatible with a 1Password membership. We include a 30 day free trial giving you a chance to take one of our 1Password.com accounts for a test drive :smile: Sorry for any confusion and keep me posted if you have any additional questions.

• ewanazwan
    ewanazwan
    Community Member

Your 1Password license would only work for iPhone and Mac (just like mine). If you would like to use 1Password at Windows as well, you need to migrate to new subscription-tier - then you can use 1Password at any devices you have.

• Yes, you're correct if the standalone license was specifically purchased for Mac this will not work on Windows. Since we are no longer selling a standalone license for Windows, a 1Password membership is required to use 1Password 6 :+1: You can indeed set up as many devices as you want with a 1Password membership since we include all of the apps plus the web :smile: Thank you for the assistance @ewanazwan and have a nice weekend.

This discussion has been closed.