The 1password helper is no longer launching (using Chrome extension in windows)

I've read similar articles but can't find a solution I'm afraid! I've been using 1Password successfully, but all of a sudden (maybe an update I've not noticed?) I'm getting the error message:

"Couldn’t connect to 1Password. Either the helper is not running, or something is preventing it from communicating with the 1Password browser extension. Follow the simple steps on our support site or contact us."

I've shut everything down and re-opened, re-installed the extension, turned off anti-virus and firewall software, updated Chrome, but it's still not working. Is 1Password helper the mini window that opens when you start 1password? I'm assuming so, as that is no longer popping up.

Regards,

Tim

1Password Version: 6.5.401d
Extension Version: 4.6.4.90
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Couldn’t connect to 1Password

Comments

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni

Hey @tim_hulett,

Sorry about the trouble here, we have released a new method of communication between the 1Password extension and the 1Password app so there might be something going on with the new approach we've taken. I think the best thing to do here is to examine a Diagnostics Report that will determine what's happening.

The following guide will show you how to create a Diagnostics Report:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Looking forward to hearing back.

Best regards,
    Matthew

• tim_hulett
    tim_hulett
    Community Member

DQA-18446-749

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2017

Hey @tim_hulett,

Found your ticket, thank you. I will be contacting your shortly via email regarding this issue.

Best regards,
    Matthew

ref: DQA-18446-749

• ohcomeon
    ohcomeon
    Community Member

@matthew_ag sorry to crash in on this one but I have the same problem and nobody in support is responding to me. Can you have a look please? The ticket number is IGN-43817-226

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

Hi, @ohcomeon. Sorry for the delay. I found your email. Someone will get back to you very soon.

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits
    Fort Worth, Texas

• dariomartinezb
    dariomartinezb
    Community Member

Just submitted my diagnostics and an explanation, as instructed.

Ticket number [#WSK-31869-678]

I thank you for any help on this.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@dariomartinezb: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: WSK-31869-678

• dariomartinezb
    dariomartinezb
    Community Member

Thanks Brenty. much appreciated.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.