How do I remove a favorite from Favorites??

JAgile
JAgile
Community Member

I accidentally dropped an item onto Favorites. I do not want it in Favorites. How do I get it out of Favorites?

1Password Version: 6.7.1 (671001)
Extension Version: 4.6.4
OS Version: 10.12.4
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:How do I make a Favorite not a favorite?

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @JAgile,

To unmark an item as a favorite, select it and click the star icon under the item title.

After you've done that, the item will not longer be a favorite and its favorite icon star star icon will be cleared. Click it again and the item will return to being marked as a favorite.

Cheers! :smile:

• JAgile
    JAgile
    Community Member

Doh! Thanks very much. I even read the PDF manual & searched "favorites" on the website... no joy.
    John

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of sjk, you're very welcome! I'm sorry you weren't able to find that information on our support site. Hopefully we'll be able to improve that in the future as our documentation team is constantly working on our knowledgebase/user guides.

Have a great weekend! :)

• JAgile
    JAgile
    Community Member
    edited April 2017

Never mind... it is working now

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @JAgile,

You can absolutely ask more questions - we're always happy to help! :)

1Password never automatically fills a sign-in form on a website unless you explicitly tell it to do so (for example, by opening a Login item from the main 1Password app, by selecting the Login item from the 1Password browser extension, or by using the ⌘\ keyboard shortcut in the browser). We explain more about that here: Sign in to sites with 1Password

If sign-in forms were previously being filled automatically when opening websites (and you weren't taking any action to have 1Password fill them for you), it sounds like your browser was automatically doing that for you. We recommend turning off the built-in password manager in your browser to avoid confusion.

On the other hand, if you're taking steps to have 1Password fill sign-in forms but that isn't working, please let us know what browser you're using (and that browser's version) and the steps you normally use to have 1Password fill those forms, and we'll be happy to help you solve that. Thanks! :)

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @JAgile,

It looks like you edited your last post while I was typing my response, so I didn't see that it's working for you now until after I replied. :lol:

Hopefully it keeps working well, but if you need more help, you know where to find us! ;)

• JAgile
    JAgile
    Community Member

Hi. I'm currently using Firefox 53.0 (64-bit). I use its password manager for sites that aren't security risks, like dealnews.com.
    For all my secure-important sites (banks, etc.) I use 1Password.
    If/when Firefox asks to save a password and/or login for those I tell it NEVER.
    Prior to my starting to use the Favorites designation this morning, most of the logins for which I use 1Password auto-populated the login page. As I said, after designating Favorites, some of the previously working site just opened to the login page and nothing was populated. In fact, a couple actually had to copy the user & password and manually paste them into the appropriate place, and then press enter (or whatever that site calls the go on button).
    However, it now appears to be auto-populating again...

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Glad to hear it's working the way you like, @JAgile! I can't think of any reason why marking an item as a Favorite would prevent 1Password from filling web forms, so I suspect that was just a coincidence.

Just to be clear: If you use the "open and fill" feature of 1Password (for example, by double-clicking a Login item in the 1Password app, clicking on the website field in the 1Password app, or choosing a Login item from 1Password mini when you're not currently viewing that site in your browser), 1Password will open that site and attempt to fill the sign-in form for you. If you open a website first without going through 1Password (for example, by typing the URL in the browser's address bar, or selecting a site from the browser's list of bookmarks), 1Password won't fill the sign-in form unless you choose your Login item for that site from the 1Password extension / 1Password mini (or use the ⌘\ keyboard shortcut).

If you open a website by typing the URL in the address bar or choosing a site from the browser's bookmarks, and your username/password are automatically filled in for you, the browser's built-in password manager & auto-fill feature are doing that, not 1Password.

I don't know the exact steps you're taking, so I wanted to explain all that in case it helps avoid any confusion in the future. Again, I'm just glad that it's working for you now! :)

This discussion has been closed.