Unable to install extension in Safari

Comments

• bfnlaw
    bfnlaw
    Community Member

So I'm facing the same issue as the OP and since this thread is pretty current, thought I'd tag along:

When I installed 1Password from App Store, I selected WLAN Server Sync to sync from my iMac instead of creating an account. That worked very well and I had my passwords on the iPhone in a matter of seconds. However, when try to add the 1Password Extension to Safari on the iPhone, it does not show up in the Activities list. When I look further it wants me to log in or create and account.

What am I doing wrong??

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bfnlaw,

This sounds like a different problem than the one in the previous discussion, so I've moved your message to a new thread. I hope you don't mind!

I'm not sure exactly what steps you followed in order to use the 1Password extension for iOS, but please make sure you try the steps here: Use the 1Password extension to fill in Safari and apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

If that doesn't work, can you please let us know exactly what happens and which step doesn't work as expected? Thanks! :)

• bfnlaw
    bfnlaw
    Community Member

In step 3 of the 1st section ("Set up the 1Password extension"), I don't see 1Password listed under Activities (I see Message, Mail, Reminders, Add to Notes, etc. but NO 1Password)

• ChocolateCheesecake
    ChocolateCheesecake
    Community Member

@bfnlaw

What version of iOS and 1Password are you using?

• bfnlaw
    bfnlaw
    Community Member

iOS is 10.3.1 and 1Password was downloaded yesterday from App Store.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2017

@bfnlaw: I think you're looking in the wrong place. Mail, Reminders, Notes, etc. are listed in the top (colour) list, while 1Password will be in the bottom (monochrome) section. Does that help?

• bfnlaw
    bfnlaw
    Community Member

brenty,
    Sorry to be so long in replying, but you were exactly right! All working now.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

No problem! Glad that helped. We're here if you need anything else. :)

This discussion has been closed.