Authentication error

rlgleason51
rlgleason51
Community Member
edited April 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I am using 1P version 6.5.401 of the app under Windows 10 via Parallels 12 and an individual account.

Lately, when accessing 1p while being prompted for my password, I get the following message:

(my name) authentication error. Please sign-in again.

Performance does not seem to be affected but then I don't know if that means I am not logged in to your server.

Please explain and advise.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• rlgleason51
    rlgleason51
    Community Member

1P 6.5.401 with Windows 10 under Parallels 12 and individual account.

Lately, I have been getting the following message when accessing 1P when prompted for my password:

(my Name) authentication error. Please sign in again.

Performance does not seem to be affected but I don't know if there is an issue being connected to your server.

Please explain and advise.

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@rlgleason51: Parallels 12?! :scream:

Oh. That's what I'm using now too. I guess I don't pay much attention to the version number now that I have a subscription. :lol:

Anyway, this does sound a bit strange, so I'm glad you've reached out. Did you perhaps make some change to your account recently which would require you to reauthenticate? Can you confirm that creating a new test item in the app results in it showing up on 1Password.com as well? Thanks in advance!

• rlgleason51
    rlgleason51
    Community Member

Have not made any changes to my account. It not constant, but sporadic. Can't seem to detect pattern. New items do appear so that is good.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2017

@rlgleason51: Thanks for getting back to me! It sounds like you may just be having connection issues, which cause 1Password to complain that it cannot authenticate, but then it is eventually able to sync the data. Does that sound plausible? We've made a lot of improvements in this area (which is why it is able to sync after all), but it sounds like we have some more work to do with regard to having 1Password be more graceful about this. Would you mind sending some diagnostic information if it happens again? Just grab the event logs:

1. Click on the start button to search for Event Viewer, open it.
    2. On the left sidebar, expand Applications and Services Logs, 1Password should show up below here
    3. Right click on 1Password to select Save all events as and save it as 'logs.txt', set Save as Type to Text (tab delimited) (*.txt)
    4. Email that file to us at support+windows@agilebits.com and in the email, also include the link to this thread along with your forum username.

Let us know the Support ID you receive when you've sent the email, so we can confirm we got it. Thanks for your patience and willingness to work with us on this!

P.S: Sorry if you got pinged twice here. I'm having some connection issues of my own and double posted. :sweat:

• rlgleason51
    rlgleason51
    Community Member

Will send the report next time it occurs.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@rlgleason51: Please keep us posted! We will be looking forward to the report from you. Thanks! :+1:

This discussion has been closed.