To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

is it safe to email a copy of my computer diagnostics to the team?

appmele
appmele
Community Member

agile bits asked me to email a copy of my computer diagnistics so they could find the problem. I have asked them repeatedly is they can view into my computer for malicious intent, but they have not responded.

1Password Version: 6.7.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:is it safe to email a copy of the diagnostics of our computer to the agile bit team?

Comments

• Hi @appmele,

We do our best to not include any secrets in the diagnostics but there is still a lot of information about your computer. It includes things like running processes, installed apps, system configuration, log messages, etc.

It is probably not a good idea to make it public. At the same time I can't see how it could be used for malicious intent.

• appmele
    appmele
    Community Member

Agile Bits staff asked me to email a diagnostic report from my computer. But within that report also shows files and documents. Is agile bits staff able to open my files and documents? What safety precautions are done with the diagnostic report when you are done with it? do you keep the report? Is it exposed to staff ? Can staff open documents and files or peak into the computer? Are the files live and active to staff?

• @appmele The report only shows files related to 1Password. It does not include any of those files, and we do not have access to your computer or your files.

This discussion has been closed.