Browser could not be verified? [recommendation: update 1Password for Mac to version 6.7 (or later)]

Governa
Governa
Community Member
edited April 2017 in Mac

Hello,

1Password ceased populating for a couple of days now. All I get is the "Browser could not be verified" error.

I have reinstalled the browser extension, restarted the browser and restarted the OS with no effect.

Running 6.6.4 (664002) from the AppStore, extension 4.6.4.90 under Chrome 59.0.307129 beta on macOS 10.12.4

Kindly advise. Many thanks.

1Password Version: 6.6.4 (664002)
Extension Version: 4.6.4.90
OS Version: 10.12.4
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Governa,

To stop that error, try updated 1Password for Mac from version 6.6.4 to 6.7 (or later). Here's another discussion about it:

Chrome Update Breaks Autofill [resolved by updating 1Password for Mac to version 6.7 (or later)]

Cheers! :)

• Governa
    Governa
    Community Member
    edited April 2017

Thank you, that sorted it out. For some reason the AppStore was not showing an update last time I've checked. All good now. :)

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of sjk, you're very welcome! I'm happy to hear that solved the problem - thanks for following up to confirm that! Hopefully you're all set now, but if you have more questions or need anything else, just let us know. :)

• jtcozart
    jtcozart
    Community Member

I am on the latest version and I am still seeing this error. Should I completely uninstall and then reinstall?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jtcozart,

Sorry to hear you're also having trouble with this! It will help if you can let us know some specific version numbers, as "latest" could mean different things under different circumstances. Can you please let us know the following:

Thanks in advance! :)

• cassiel
    cassiel
    Community Member

As a quick aside: I just started getting this in Chrome, although the browser hasn't changed. Restarted Chrome and the problem went away.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@cassiel: Correct. When Chrome (and many other browsers, especially those based on it) update, this changes the application itself, therefore invalidating the code signature. Restarting the browser to complete the update (as indicated in Chrome's "About" page) relaunches the new version so the signature again matches the package. Cheers! :)

• cassiel
    cassiel
    Community Member

Ah - I didn't realise my copy of Chrome was doing silent updates. Useful to know.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

No problem! Yeah, it's definitely a bit confusing. Automatic updates are great in many ways, but when there's no notification that this is happening, if you just keep the browser running it will break the ability for 1Password and other apps to validate it. Unless they figure out a way to complete the update without restarting (I can't see how that would be possible), I hope that in the future Chrome lets us know when it needs to be restarted. I definitely leave my browser open most of the time. But then again, with the web in the state it's in today, closing the browser periodically to clear out all of the runaway scripts eating up system resources isn't such a bad idea either. ;)

This discussion has been closed.