Problem password IPhone

EricChirossel
EricChirossel
Community Member

Hello
I have 1Password pro on my iPad and my IPhone
From yesterday my IPhone App ask my main password but refuse it, in the same time it is working on the IPad
Please help me it's a real problem, I' am afraid that the same thing appears on the IPad
Thanks for your help and excuse me for my English
Eric

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi Eric,

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

The first thing I'd recommend doing is backing up your 1Password data on your iPad:

1Password backups

Then I'd suggest reviewing this guide:

If you forgot your Master Password or you can't unlock 1Password

I hope that helps!

Ben

• EricChirossel
    EricChirossel
    Community Member

Hi Ben
    First I did not forget my Master Password
    Now I saved a backup file on my PC with ITunes and IPad
    Then I deleted the 1Password App of my IPhone, turned off the iPhone, downloaded the App, open it with my Password account, downloaded the backup with iTunes on the iPhone, restaured the backup in the app, result OK, closed the app, try to open the app with my Password... it still refuse my password !..

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@EricChirossel: Then it sounds like the issue is specific to your iPhone. Definitely try the suggestions in the guide Ben linked, as they may help even if you haven't "forgotten" your master password but are simply having trouble entering it (the "or you can't unlock 1Password" part).

If you're still having the same issue, it would help to have some basic information about your setup which you left out of your original post:

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

For example, it may be that you have a different vault on the iPhone than your'e using on the iPad, which need different Master Passwords to decrypt. Let me know what you find!

• EricChirossel
    EricChirossel
    Community Member

Hi
    I changed my master password, it's ok for iPad but still not working for iPhone
    I suppose Now I have to make a new backup with the IPad on iTunes and then install this Backup on the iPhone with iTunes, Right ?
    Before, Do I have to crash the 1Password app of iPhone and reinstall it to install the backup ?

1Password Version: 6.5.4
    Extension Version: Pro ? Yes I bought it
    OS Version: 10.3.1 (14E304) on the two devices
    Sync Type: iCloud

For information I have a freeze message for a few month, I just tried the 1Password app on Pc but didn't keep it because I do not need it and I don't know why It' frozen, even if I can always create login, notes, etc...

Thanks for your help Ben
    Eric

• Eric,

Here is what I'd recommend doing:

1. Uninstalling 1Password from your iPhone
    2. Turning off iCloud sync on the iPad: 1Password > Settings > Sync > iCloud > Disable Sync
    3. Deleting the 1Password data from iCloud using the iPad: 1Password > Settings > Advanced. Scroll down and tap Erase iCloud Data.
    4. Re-enable iCloud sync on the iPad: https://support.1password.com/sync-with-icloud/
    5. Reinstall 1Password on the iPhone and sync it with iCloud

Please let me know how it turns out.

Ben

• EricChirossel
    EricChirossel
    Community Member
    edited April 2017

Hi
    I did all, when I arrive at "We found your vault stored in iCloud"
    Enter Master Password
    Incorrect password
    I can use 1Password.com login to enter but no Sync in the settings and if I close the app, it recognizes the Master Password to open.
    Now I need to synchronize my data and can you delete this freeze message or tell me what I have done wrong...
    Thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@EricChirossel: Where do you have all of your 1Password data currently? It sounds like you may just need to clear the data in iCloud and then sync that there instead. Let me know!

• EricChirossel
    EricChirossel
    Community Member

I have my data on iPad

• Ben
    Ben
    edited May 2017

Great. Then please follow these instructions carefully again:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/369328/#Comment_369328

If you follow the instructions carefully and completely they will guide you through removing your data from iCloud and then putting the data that is on the iPad there for the iPhone to access.

Thanks.

Ben

• EricChirossel
    EricChirossel
    Community Member
    edited May 2017

When I have that screen on iPhone, I clic iCloud Right ?

Then I have that one when I put my Master Password
    Also I cannot sign in my 1Password login on iPhone like I do on iPad on this forum (Password incorrect)

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @EricChirossel,

As long as you've followed the rest of Ben's steps up to that point, then yes, you'll want to choose iCloud from the 'Welcome' screen. After following the other steps, the data in iCloud should be a brand new copy of the vault on your iPad, so the same master password will work to sync it with your iPhone.

• EricChirossel
    EricChirossel
    Community Member

I resync in sync service iCloud on IPad but it does not work with the same master password on iPhone ...?
    Do I must delate the vault on iPad ?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@EricChirossel: Yep! Tap Advanced there, and then scroll down and tap Erase iCloud Data. :)

• EricChirossel
    EricChirossel
    Community Member
    edited May 2017

And after deleting iCloud data, I resync iCloud iPad and go on iPhone, I tap iCloud in 1Password, it find my new vault stored but not accept my master password
    I did do that many time
    Sorry but do I must tap delete vault, I did not do that

• Ben
    Ben
    edited January 2023

No, you should've tapped "Erase iCloud Data" but not "Delete Vault."

Could you please send us a mini diagnostic report from the iPad? You can use this link to do so:

edit: removed link to prevent confusion.

Please let me know when you've sent the report.

Ben

• EricChirossel
    EricChirossel
    Community Member

Done

• Hi @EricChirossel - thank you, we have received the diagnostics report from your iPad. We will reply via email.

ref: HVP-96694-576

This discussion has been closed.