Space or No Space SEARCH in 1Password

Riptide360
Riptide360
Community Member

I jump into 1Password daily and find it completely frustrating that if I search for a word that may or may not have a space in it that you can't find both instances of it.

Please add a feature request for looking at the search request and decoding the words with and without a space.

Example: I store my LastPass password in 1Password. If I search for "Last Pass" it doesn't find anything since the URL and name is LASTPASS.
Same with Product Hunt, and a host of other startups that don't have a space in their URL but may or may not have it in their product name. Probably also true for companies with a dash in their name or URL.

you already work so hard to get the cool right icon when you find a company name, maybe you should also start tagging common names with the other tags: FaceBook, Face Book, FB, Face-Book, etc.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Will folks who bought the Full versions of 1Password still get updates?

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Riptide360,

Thank you very much for your feature request! However, I tested this on my Mac and it looks like it already works the way you'd like it to. For example, when I enter "face book" (with a space) in the 'Search' field in 1Password, it finds my Login item named "Facebook" (those two words only appear together in that Login item). So I'm not sure why it isn't working that way for you. It might help if you can let us know some details about your setup:

• What version of OS X / macOS are you running on your Mac?
    • What exact version of the 1Password app is installed on your Mac?
    • Are you using the AgileBits Store version or the Mac App Store version of 1Password?
    • Are you searching in the main 1Password app or in 1Password mini?
    • Does the search work as expected if you don't include the space?
    • Has this always been a problem, or did it just start happening recently?

Thanks in advance! :)

• ChocolateCheesecake
    ChocolateCheesecake
    Community Member
    edited April 2017

@Drew_AG

Works for me too. Only the other way round, if I leave a space away, it does not work.

But with just typing the first letters everything shows up so fast, that you don't need to type the complete word(s), if there are not millions of items stored. ;)

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for confirming it also works for you, @ChocolateCheesecake!

As far as searching for two words typed together without a space in-between, that sounds like correct behavior - it won't find a match unless they're typed the same way in an item. :)

• ChocolateCheesecake
    ChocolateCheesecake
    Community Member

@Drew_AG

Maybe it's the version, OS, extension or whatever. We don't know what @Riptide360 might be using. :(

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.