1Password 4 not reliably locking when PC is idle

Options

I have all Auto-Lock options enabled and for a few days auto-lock will engage properly after the screen saver starts or after x minutes of inactivity. But then after a few days of working properly it will stop auto-locking and even if the PC is idle for hours, with the screen saver running, it will not require the master password any more until I reboot.

1Password Version: 4.6.1.617
Extension Version: 4.6.3.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: DropBox

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Robert_R,

Thanks for writing in.

First, please update 1Password 4 if you haven't done so yet. Go to the Help Menu > Check for New Version. You should have 4.6.1.620 installed.

After that, can you double-check the security settings to make sure they're right.

I've checked and it is locking for me when turning on screensaver.

• Robert_R
    Robert_R
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. I just installed the update so I'll keep an eye on it for the next week. This has been happening for several months and I always hope that an update fixes it, but so far they haven't.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Robert_R,

Yea, there are no known issues with this and we rarely hear any issues with this.

When you have a moment to test it, try changing the screensaver to turn on in a minute and see what 1Password does.

• Robert_R
    Robert_R
    Community Member
    Options

So far it's been working since my last message. However it usually takes a few days before it starts happening. I'll keep an eye on it and report back if it starts happening again.

Thanks

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Robert_R: On behalf of Mike you are very welcome! Please keep us updated. If the issue appears again, let us know. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Greg

• Robert_R
    Robert_R
    Community Member
    Options

Hello. So for almost a month 1Password was working well in regards to automatically locking after a certain period of time or after the screensaver kicks-in. However a few days ago it stopped automatically locking after a period of inactivity. It still locks generally after I close the program or all browser windows. It will go back to auto locking after a reboot, but only for a short period of time.

Is there any troubleshooting we can do to resolve this?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Robert_R: Thanks for following up! If you're still having trouble with this, the best thing to do will be to restart Windows, reproduce the same issue, and then generate a diagnostic report so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Please also include the Windows event logs:

1. Click on the start button to search for Event Viewer, open it.
    2. On the left sidebar, expand Applications and Services Logs, 1Password should show up below here
    3. Right click on 1Password to select Save all events as and save it as 'logs.txt', set Save as Type to Text (tab delimited) (*.txt)

Please send these to support+windows@agilebits.com with a link to this discussion and your username in the email so we can 'connect the dots', and post your Support ID here so we can confirm that we've received it. Also, knowing your timezone and the date/time of the incident will help us find it in the logs. We will get to the bottom of this! :)

• Robert_R
    Robert_R
    Community Member
    Options

The current log only went back to a few hours ago so I increased the log size and will reboot and send the event log back to you. Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Great. Thank you! :)

This discussion has been closed.