problem with 6.7

This discussion was created from comments split from: 1PW for Mac not working since 6.7 update?.

Comments

• junkmansj
    junkmansj
    Community Member
    edited April 2017

I uninstalled Old Version as per pop up instructions and PURCHASED NEW 6.7 and it Does not Work

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @junkmansj,

I hope you don't mind, but I've moved your message to a new thread because it sounds like this is a different issue than the one from the previous discussion. However, I'm not entirely sure about that, as your post includes very few details. Can you please let us know what isn't working, and what you did in order to try solving that? If you can describe exactly what you're trying to do, the exact steps you're taking to do it, what you expect to happen, and what happens instead, we should have a much better idea of how to help you get things working again. Thanks in advance! :)

• junkmansj
    junkmansj
    Community Member
    edited April 2017

The software is listed in my Apps folder,if I click on the icon in theUPPER toolbar its active. BUT if i click on the icon on top ow the Window / page i'm looking at there is Nothing! When trying to Log on a Site I hit the 1P icon to place the password,thats NOT happening. I am not Computer Savy, I am a 67 YR old one finger person. As i stated above 1 P would not work so I went to apps to see if I could do anything. received a Pop up stating that 1P was damaged and that I should un install and Purchase a New 1P package. went to Apple Store and paid out 69,95 for a new Licence? and it still is not responding

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @junkmansj,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you about this. Thank you for the additional details!

I think there are a couple different issues here. First, it sounds like the main 1Password app and 1Password mini (the icon in the Mac's menu bar) are both working correctly on their own now, but the 1Password extension in your web browser doesn't work when you click on it. You didn't mention which browser you're using, but if it's Safari, there's a good chance you're running into the issue described here: 1Password Safari Extension 4.6.4 not working

If that seems to be the problem you're having with the 1Password extension, please try the steps in that post in order to get things working again.

As for the other problem you mentioned:

1 P would not work so I went to apps to see if I could do anything. received a Pop up stating that 1P was damaged and that I should un install and Purchase a New 1P package. went to Apple Store and paid out 69,95 for a new Licence? and it still is not responding

From your description, it sounds like you received an error message like the one shown in this article on our support site: If you see the message "1Password is damaged and can't be opened"

If that's the error you saw, you must have been using the Mac App Store version of 1Password. Deleting and reinstalling the app is one way to fix that, but you shouldn't have needed to make a new purchase from the Mac App Store if you previously paid for 1Password there. Purchases from the Mac App Store are tied to the Apple ID you use when making the purchase, and as long as you're signed in with that same Apple ID, apps that you already purchased can be downloaded for free. If it charged you to download it again, you may have been signed in with a different Apple ID.

After downloading 1Password from the Mac App Store, were you able to open it and view your data?

• junkmansj
    junkmansj
    Community Member

Drew; opened my computer Sunday signed on safari and got a pop up ? Asking if the # on the screen matched, they did so I hit yes and now everything is back where it belongs working fine so far. Thank You for all your help

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of Drew, you are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that you were able to authorize your browser. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

• junkmansj
    junkmansj
    Community Member

Brenty or drew Well that was a Little to soon to Comment, got on tonite at9:45 pm Toolbar Icon DOES NOT WORK.

DO YOU HAVE LIVE CHAT? I cannot sit and Wait for someone to Answer

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2017

@junkmansj: We don't have live chat, but you may be interested in the beta extension we've released to help with this issue:

Safari 1Password extension 4.6.5 beta

Others have reported success so far. Please let us know if that helps in your case as well!

This discussion has been closed.