upgrading from single account?

BAMvsGAME
BAMvsGAME
Community Member

I'm looking to setup a family account for my parents and I. They've been using this old paper that's been a pain to upkeep and wish to introduce them to this software. Can I just upgrade my current account and add multiple vaults?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@BAMvsGAME: That sounds great! It's actually the reason we made 1Password Families in the first place: to make it easier for all of us to help our loved ones stay secure online. It's pretty easy if you've already got an individual 1Password.com membership too. Just login to your account at my.1password.com, click your account menu in the upper right, and select "Invite People". This will let you choose a 1Password Families plan and invite them to setup their own accounts and share vaults with you. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• BAMvsGAME
    BAMvsGAME
    Community Member

Thanks for the info @brenty :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Any time! We're here if you need anything else. :chuffed:

• lisafrustrated
    lisafrustrated
    Community Member

I have not been able to do this. I'm SO frustrated. I need a human to contact me and walk me through all of this.

• Hi lisafrustrated - Sorry for the troubles and I'll be happy to assist you. I just sent you over an email so we can work on this together. I rather not discuss any account related information here so let's continue the discussion via email. I look forward to your reply.

ref: VNX-46416-649

• lisafrustrated
    lisafrustrated
    Community Member

I saw your email and responded. Can we work on this now, or will you give me an estimated time we can chat about this?

• Hi Lisa - I just replied back to your email. Let's keep the conversation going over there so I don't miss anything. Talk to you soon.

• PharmerPhoenix
    PharmerPhoenix
    Community Member

I've been looking into this myself, though I bought my application three years ago through the App Store and don't have a license. How do I upgrade to the Families subscription in this situation?

• @PharmerPhoenix It's a pretty quick upgrade in that case. In fact, we've got a knowledge base article that covers the whole thing:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

Just be sure to sign up for a family account instead of an individual one at the start, then move your data over in your existing app, remove your old vault, and you'll be good to go :) Start sharing with your family as well:

Share passwords with your family

Hope that helps!

• PharmerPhoenix
    PharmerPhoenix
    Community Member

Yes, Thank you!

• On behalf of Jacob you are most welcome. :) If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.