Clicking on "View in 1Password" in 1Password mini currently doesn't work for me

pbryanw
pbryanw
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi, I was trying to select a credit card to view in 1Password, and was in 1Password mini at the time. 1Password was unlocked, so I selected View in 1Password on the credit card in question, but it just opened to the All Vaults - All items view in the main program.

I then tried View in 1Password on a few other items including my identity and a few logins, and for some reason this doesn't work in 1Password mini for me. The same goes for Edit in 1Password.

Any help greatly appreciated,

Paul

1Password Version: 6.6.407
Extension Version: 4.6.4
OS Version: Windows 10 Creators x64
Sync Type: 1Password Account

Comments

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member

I'm seeing the same. Maybe it has not been implemented yet.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2017

@Manaburner, @pbryanw: Well...it's implemented, but it's buggy. We've got an open issue for this, and we'll fix it as son as we're able. Sorry for the confusion and frustration caused. I know it well! :blush:

ref: OPW6-975

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member

Hi @brenty it takes a lot more to frustrate me, so no worries :) I'm a long-time Windows user so I know what pain is.

• Hey @Manaburner,

Don't do this. Please don't.
    I'm working from a café in the center of Trier right now and I just laughed out loud reading your last response.
    Everybody looked at me like I was a loon. You know how Germans are.

Still, we apologise for the inconvenience and hope to have this one fixed soon.

Cheers,

Alex

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member

Hey @AlexHoffmann
    in fact I do know how Germans are, because I'm one myself. :)

I have trust in you guys fixing this. I mean it's neither critical nor the end of the world. So everything is good

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Ha, well, I also feel like an idiot several times a day as I try to open/edit items in 1Password and it doesn't. We'll get this fixed. :tongue:

• pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member

Thanks for everyone's replies - glad it's not just me then :chuffed: Look forward to the fix when it's released :+1:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Likewise! :lol:

• cs88rf
    cs88rf
    Community Member
    edited May 2017

Add me to the waiting list for this issue to be solved. It's not a daily routine item, but it definitely gives potential users who try out 1P an impression of it being a broken program. So allow me to say this bug needs to be sorted out rather quickly.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I can't say precisely when we'll have a an update with a fix for this ready, but we're working on it. Thanks for your input!

• cs88rf
    cs88rf
    Community Member

Looks like this issue has been fixed two (beta) versions ago, great job!

There is a minor issue however. When clicking view or edit in Mini, it opens 1P main with the correct login item shown, but to the left in the item list, this login item is not tracked to the spot and highlighted.

This is not a crucial feature, but it'll definitely make more sense and also make the program look more polished =)

• cs88rf
    cs88rf
    Community Member

BTW, duplicate post for the same issue it seems -- 1PW Mini view/edit doesn't open item [known issue, will be fixed in future updates]

Might consider merging.

• Thanks for your input, @cs88rf, always appreciated!

Cheers,

Alex

• Hi @cs88rf,

The ability to scroll to the selected item in the item list is not yet implemented but it is coming soon.

• Hi @cs88rf,

This is now fixed in today's build, 6.6.430d.

The remaining glitch is if you're in a search mode in the main 1Password window, editing/viewing another item from 1Password mini that doesn't match the search will not work.

• cs88rf
    cs88rf
    Community Member

WOW that was fast, and indeed "coming soon". Just updated to the latest version (431) and it now works ideally!!

• Great and please do keep sending us feedback or suggestions.

Thanks!

• pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member
    edited June 2017

@cs88rf - And thanks for your posts from me too - I didn't know this had been fixed in the latest betas but I do now thanks to you :+1: (And also, rich icons in the latest beta!! :chuffed: Can't overstate how much nicer 1Password looks with them, and it's been worth the wait. The 6.6 update looks like it's going to be the biggest update to 1Password for Windows in its short history, when it gets released to the stable channel.)

• cs88rf
    cs88rf
    Community Member

You all are welcome. Enjoy the new (and more to come I'm sure) features =D

• The 6.6 update looks like it's going to be the biggest update to 1Password for Windows in its short history, when it gets released to the stable channel.)

:smile: :+1:

We're already planning ahead for 6.7, refining what we've learnt in 6.6 and applying it to more areas in 6.7.

• cs88rf
    cs88rf
    Community Member

This issue came back after 1P was updated to 6.8.473 today. It only works the first time after a restart of 1P program. After that, clicking on view in 1P only opens the main app and does nothing else.

Also, still no tag bulk editing =(

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

This issue came back after 1P was updated to 6.8.473 today. It only works the first time after a restart of 1P program. After that, clicking on view in 1P only opens the main app and does nothing else.

@cs88rf: Thanks for letting us know. Can you clarify the exact steps you're taking? I'm not seeing it stop working after the first time here.

Also, still no tag bulk editing =(

We'll probably mentioned it in the release notes when it's added. We can only pack so much into each release (and so many hours in a day. lol) It's coming in the future though. ;)

• cs88rf
    cs88rf
    Community Member

Thanks for the quick reply.

It does exactly what I described - on a webpage, open 1P mini, right click on the matched login, view in 1P, then the 1P main app opens but won't show that login item. Now that I tried more, it won't work even after I restart the 1P program. Also, this applies to both Firefox and Chrome, so it might not be caused by browser login.

By the way, if I have 1P main program open, and then I select "view in 1P" from the browser plugin, it highlights the login item successfully.

• Thanks @cs88rf for letting us know. I'm able to reproduce it when main window is closed, it opens, but does not navigate properly. It will be fixed with next update.

• cs88rf
    cs88rf
    Community Member

Thanks guys! It's so late I'm impressed you are still responding to users =)

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@cs88rf: You are very welcome! :+1:

Your feedback is one of the most important things we can gather to improve 1Password, so we have no intention to stop responding to our customers. :chuffed: Thanks again!

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.