Attachments

rr4242
rr4242
Community Member

Hi,

I'm on 1P families, have the iOS on iphone & ipad, have installed the Windows 10 version (beta) including the beta chrome extension (including the helper).

I thought it was possible to add attachments (i.e. pdf's, etc) to entries in 1P - but can't find anywhere to do it.

Can someone point me to where it is?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @rr4242 - Congrats on the new account and I'll be glad to assist you. Documents have now replaced attachments. You can definitely upload a document from anyone of your devices. If you're rocking 1Password on Windows, to add a new item to 1Password, click New Item (Ctrl + N). Then choose "Document" from the list. You should be able to browse your computer and upload the document from there. I included a screenshot below, just in case. Let me know if this helped or if you have any additional questions :+1:

• rr4242
    rr4242
    Community Member

Thx :)

Is it possible to attach files to other entries than "Document" ?

• Hi @rr4242 - You're very welcome! I'm happy to hear that helped.

Is it possible to attach files to other entries than "Document" ?

Are you referring to linking a document to another item? If so, this is not possible to do using 1Password on Windows as of right now. Thank you for letting me know this is a feature you would like to see implemented. I will make sure to share your request with the team. Keep me posted if you have any additional questions. :+1:

• rr4242
    rr4242
    Community Member

thx :)

• Anytime @rr424 - Great questions so thank you for asking :smile: We're always happy to help and listen to any feedback you have to share. Enjoy the rest of your day and I hope to hear back from you soon :+1:

• Frank_TZE
    Frank_TZE
    Community Member

I have been using 1Password4 and I can attach attacthment to secure notes. But after I "UPgraded" to 1Password 6. Attachements are LOST!!! THEY ARE SO IMPORTANT. I am very sorry and hope not to upgrade now.

• mbrustad
    mbrustad
    Community Member

Hi, I would also like to see the possibility to add attachment to other types than documents.
    For example: I have added a credit card with all information and I also want to add an image of the actual card

• Hi @Frank_TZE - Sorry for the confusion. With a 1Password membership, we have moved all your attachments to a single location. All your attachments now live under the "Document" category which makes it easier to locate everything in a single location. Let us know if you have any additional questions and we'll be happy to help out. :smile:

• Hi @mbrustad - Great question and I appreciate the feature request. This is definitely something I would love to see personally as well. If you're using 1Password on a Mac, you can link documents to login items. Linked items don't currently sync across platforms in addition to the web app. It's definitely something we want to improve upon and hopefully implement in the future. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.