Enterprise Proxy Configuration doesn't work

Hi

I'm evaluate the usage of 1Password for Teams but have struggle to login with my 1Password Account on the Windows Software.
I could created a new account and can log into the online version of 1Password (https://xxx.1password.com/).
After I configured my proxy settings I completely restarted 1Password 6 and then tried to fill out all fields and press Sign In.
After waiting some seconds I get the message Unable to sign in, please check details provided and your network connection. but the proxy settings in 1Password 6 are the same we use in 1Password 4 and there it works.

1Password Version: 6.5.401
Extension Version: -
OS Version: Win7
Sync Type: 1Password Teams

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@heubergen: Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry for the trouble! What type of proxy are you using? 1Password 6 uses .Net frameworks to poll the proxy configuration, but this isn't always perfect. Did you enter your proxy credentials via 1Password (Settings > Options > Network)? It may be your Windows account credentials, depending on your setup.

If it's still not working, please send us diagnostics at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username and post your Support ID here, so that we can connect the email to this thread and confirm we received it.

• heubergen
    heubergen
    Community Member

The proxy is a bluecoat porduct. I did enter my Windows credentials.

I would really like to send you the diagnostics file but under Options I only see Network and Update and nowhere somehting like Help or Diagnostics Report. May it's because I'm not sign in? I could send you some logs if you could say me where to collect them.

• Hi @heubergen,

The diagnostics report option can be found directly in the Settings (gear icon) menu.

Cheers,

Alex

• heubergen
    heubergen
    Community Member

Hi @AlexHoffmann

I'm not sure if I'm just stupid or if it's really not here but when I go into the Settings I only see the follow things:

Is there anything I miss?

• I have to apologise, @heubergen, you are correct, if the app hadn't been set up once, there won't be a diagnostics report option.

The proxy settings in 1Password 4 for Windows work a bit differently.

Let's try something else:

1. Click on the start button to search for "Event Viewer". On the left sidebar, expand "Applications and Services Logs", 1Password should show up below here.
    2. Right click on 1Password to select "Save all events as" and save it as 'logs.txt', set "Save as Type" to "Text (tab delimited) (*.txt)"
    3. Attach that file to an email addressed to support+windows@agilebits.com

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/370496/#Comment_370496
    • Your forum username: heubergen

That way we can "connect the dots" when we see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the event viewer logs we'll have a better understanding of the proxy issues.

Cheers!

• heubergen
    heubergen
    Community Member

Hi @AlexHoffmann

The Email is send, the support ID is [#AMD-88471-155].
    I hope you can see something good in the log, I quit 1Password 4 and all its processes before I started to installed 1Password 6 and then tried to login with my current proxy settings before I saved the log.

• Patrick
  • AlexHoffmann
    edited May 2017

Hey!

Thanks for sending in the log. We'll get to it as soon as possible.

Cheers,

Alex

ref: #AMD-88471-155

This discussion has been closed.