Dropbox not a sync option

Options
jefferis
jefferis
Community Member

Hi, I've turned off wlan server on my mac because it was not working with either my ipad or my samsung S7. My primary and secondary vaults are on dropbox. When i try to follow the instructions on my S7, there is no option to sync with dropbox only with WLAN...
I'm confused as to what to do.

1Password Version: latest
Extension Version: latest
OS Version: Android S7 latest
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jefferis: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! If you setup 1Password for Android to use WLAN Server, it cannot also use Dropbox. But if you reinstall the app, you can configure it to use Dropbox sync instead. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• jefferis
    jefferis
    Community Member
    Options

I switched over to iCloud So I delete the app from the ANDROID and reinstall it and force it to sync with iCLOUD at set up? Can't be done through settings? I tried WLAN but I can't get WLAN service to recognize any android devices even though I am connected to my Mac Laptop via bluetooth. The android sync really needs major improvements.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jefferis: Android (and Windows) apps, including 1Password, cannot sync using iCloud, as this is only available on Apple platforms. WLAN Server syncs over WLAN — Wi-Fi — so Bluetooth is not supported. You'll need to connect both via Wi-Fi (you could create an ad-hoc network between the two to do this, if you wish), and they will need to communicate directly (with no firewall or other interference) in order to sync. Dropbox is easier, since it negotiates the connection and handles syncing for you, and 1Password.com is better still, as it doesn't require any sync configuration — you simply login to your account to access your data.

• jefferis
    jefferis
    Community Member
    Options

Well the problem is/was that when I was on dropbox, 1P on android was not updating ...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jefferis: Can you be more specific? I'd love to help! Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, which devices are you syncing with? Just these two? Be sure to let me know the specifics. Also, are your devices perhaps syncing with different vaults in Dropbox. Thanks in advance! :)

This discussion has been closed.