Is there a way to sync Primary Vault with Personal Vault.

aretzler
aretzler
Community Member

I have been using the family version for a while now after having a Primary vault previously. I synced the Primary Vault to create the Personal vault at that time. What I didn't know is that I hadn't selected the option to save new passwords to the Personal vault, so now my vaults are out of sync. I'd like to be able to easily sync the two vaults and then get rid of the primary vault. Is that even possible?

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: 4.6.2
OS Version: MacOS 10.12.2
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:sync Primary vault with personal vault

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@aretzler: It isn't possible to sync data from outside 1Password.com with vaults stored there. But you can always delete the data in the vault which is out of date and then copy everything from your current vault to it. And then if you're trying to get rid of the Primary vault, you can disable local vaults in Preferences > Advanced. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• jefffost
    jefffost
    Community Member

I'm having a similar issue. I have a Primary vault with 95 logins (currently), but when I signed up for the families account and synced it uploaded about 35 logins. Ever since, my new logins have actually been syncing with my Dropbox folder. Thus, my "personal" vault is way out of sync. Is there a way to delete the existing Personal vault (currently missing +/-60 logins) on the 1P/W website, and upload my Primary vault info and store it going forward on the 1P/W site? Thanks for the help.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jefffost: It isn't possible to delete the Personal/Private vault, but you can always delete all of the data in it, and then move your data over from the Primary. :)

This discussion has been closed.