No tags on Android app?

teriross
teriross
Community Member

I am not able to find tags on my Android app. I use them regularly on my Mac, and most items are tagged, but I don't see that I can search or sort by tags on my Android phone.

1Password Version: 6.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 7.1.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Tags aren't supported yet, @teriross, but our development team is prioritizing this issue and we hope to have news for you soon!

• teriross
    teriross
    Community Member

Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2017

Likewise, thanks for letting us know you're looking forward to this feature too. I know I am! :)

• tv1pw
    tv1pw
    Community Member

I was told "soon" in December, now 3+ months later, it is still "soon" Android seems to be the poor relation of the IOS big brother!

• tv1pw
    tv1pw
    Community Member

Otherwise very happy with my 1PW Family membership on S7 Edge, Tab S2 & Windows PC

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@tv1pw: Indeed, as Peri mentioned in December, we're hoping to support tags soon. It's something we're actively working on currently, but we're not satisfied to just slap something together just to ship the feature in a shorter time. I'm sorry if you feel like Android is "poor", but 1Password for iOS benefits heavily from being able to share a lot of code with 1Password for Mac, and has also been around much longer. Unfortunately that means more work and more waiting, but we're committed to bringing tags to 1Password for Android. Thanks for being patient with us while we work on adding this and other features. :blush:

• tv1pw
    tv1pw
    Community Member

Brenty - no need to be so defensive. I didnt suggest that you «slap something together» - that was an unwarranted response. When we are told in December «soon» then you will forgive your customer for questioning that 3+ months later it is not delivered. I didnt say that the Android version of 1PW was «poor», but a poor relation to ios. Is it relevant that ios has been around longer - we are still your paying customers. Other app developers are managing to maintain ios & Android progress in parallel - I do understand that ios development is more straight forward than Android, but the development gap is sometimes too wide
    And I did say that apart from this how satisfied I am with 1PW.

• Hi @tv1pw. I don't believe Brenty meant to come off as defensive, but I understand what you're saying. We're lucky enough to have the inside scoop and we know what's being worked on and where we're headed, but I understand how it looks without that perspective.

We tend to avoid making promises with regards to unreleased features because we don't want to be quoted as saying "X feature will be ready in a month" when there are other things that can get in the way of development and change our plans. So I won't say when you can expect to see tags, but it is something we hope to add, and we are prioritizing it as best as we can at the moment.

Thanks so much for the kind words and support, and let us know if you need anything else!

• tv1pw
    tv1pw
    Community Member
    edited April 2017

Thanks Peri - it is all very vague, purposefully so I do understand why, but I do wonder if we will be having this conversation still this coming Christmas? I have seen too many other Android feature lacking discussions hoping for a greater features parity between platforms. Sure we live in an imperfect world & there will surely never be a time where everyone is completely happy & we all have exactly what we want when we want it - but in the mean time the base product is great & we hope not to get too left behind in progress, features & developments. Hang in there, ciaio.

• The good news is that the first part of tag support has been added for 1Password accounts in our most recent beta release of 1Password for Android (6.5.2.BETA-3). You can now browse items in 1Password accounts by tags or view the tags associated to the item in the detail view!

• tv1pw
    tv1pw
    Community Member

Christmas came early - love the new tags feature for Android. Thank you team

• I'm glad to hear that, @tv1pw! Let us know if you need anything else.

• fbat
    fbat
    Community Member

Any news on editing tags on Android? Is there en ETA on the feature?
    I recently switched from mSecure to 1password and I really like it, but not being able to edit tags in Android is annoying.

• peri
    edited May 2017

Hi @fbat. It's currently possible to view and browse by tag on Android, but 1Password 6 for Android doesn't yet support editing tags. ref: OPA-1136

In the meantime, if you need to edit tags from Android, you can do so by signing into your account from your preferred mobile browser.

Let us know if you need anything else!

This discussion has been closed.