Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:attach

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @malcolm212

Thanks for taking the time to write in. Could you please let me know which platform you're looking to do this from (Mac, iOS, etc)? That way I can provide you with the most accurate instructions. Also, just to confirm: you're using our 1Password Families subscription service, correct?

Thanks!

Ben

• malcolm212
    malcolm212
    Community Member
    Options

Ben,

I am using a family subscription on Windows.

Thanks,
    Malcolm

• malcolm212
    malcolm212
    Community Member
    Options

... and also online in Chrome

• Frank
    Options

Hi @malcolm212 - Thank you for sending over the additional details.

If you open & unlock 1Password 6 on your PC, click "new item" (Ctrl + N), then select "Import files as Documents" at the bottom of the list. You should be able to upload the PDF document from there.

When using the web app via Chrome, select any vault from the dashboard, then click the "+" button to add a new item then select "Document" from the list of categories.

I hope this helped and let us know if you have any further questions :smile: Have a great day!

• winnall
    winnall
    Community Member
    Options

OK. So how do I do this on MacOS? I don't see "Document" as a category or "Import files as Documents..." anywhere.

• Frank
    Options

Hi @winnall - Sorry for the confusion. You can definitely upload a document by clicking the "+" button (Command + N) or click File in the menu bar > New Item > Document. I hope this helped and let us know if this worked for you :smile: Enjoy the rest of your day.

• winnall
    winnall
    Community Member
    Options

I must be using a different product: 1Password 6, Version 6.7.1 (671001), AgileBits Store. That menu, whether invoked via Command-N or the "+" button, does not contain "Document" as an option.

• Frank
    Options

Hi @winnall - Are you using 1Password with a subscription account? If not, this could be the reason you're not being able to view documents under categories. With a standalone license, you can associate attachments to a specific login item or a secure note. With our 1Password memberships, documents replaced attachments so I apologize for the confusion. I hope the screenshot below helps :smile:

• winnall
    winnall
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, any confusion was due to me gatecrashing this discussion...

The attachment button is what I was looking for. I don't quite understand why I didn't spot it myself because I have actually used it before :-(

• Frank
    Options

Oh no worries @winnall I'm happy the screenshot helped :smile: At least you know about it now so you can take advantage of the feature :+1: Have a fantastic weekend!

This discussion has been closed.