Double logins in my login box

Options
gekswa
gekswa
Community Member

I was doing something that you suggested and I remember being asked if I wan't do save logins and I said yes because I was afraid I'd lose mine, so now I have two of all my logins in my login box. I also can't seem to find where to see all the latest passwords that have been generated

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:i now have 2 of everything in my logins

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@gekswa: I'm not entirely certain what you're describing. Do you maybe have multiple vaults, with data copied to more than one of them, and you're viewing All Vaults?

• gekswa
    gekswa
    Community Member
    Options

I don't know about multiple vaults, I just did what I thought I was supposed to do to keep up to date. Why can't you have a program for the elderly that isn't so complex? I've been with 1 password since you started and it's getting to the point where I just can't keep up with all the endless changes and new recommendations. I just want what I wanted to start off with, something to help me with all these damn passwords. Why did you send me an email that said I should do something that has now caused me to have two identical logins for everything in my logins folder

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@gekswa: Not everyone has the same needs and expectations, so we try to make 1Password flexible. If you need help or have questions about anything, just ask. We're here for you. :)

I didn't send you an email. This is a support forum. But you may have gotten a notification when I replied to you here. You don't have to have multiple vaults, but since you didn't include very much information in your original comments I wasn't sure if that's what you were referring to.

Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the OS, 1Password, browser, extension, and device versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, can you clarify what you meant here?

I was doing something that you suggested

What was suggested, and what exactly did you do? It sounds like this is the key to the whole thing, but to be able to help I really need you to tell me.

and I remember being asked if I wan't do save logins and I said yes because I was afraid I'd lose mine,

Did you save logins with 1Password in your web browser?

so now I have two of all my logins in my login box.

This is why I thought you might have another vault where you'd copied everything, so that you now have copies of each item in two different vaults.

I also can't seem to find where to see all the latest passwords that have been generated

When you use a generated password (by clicking Fill or copying it), 1Password will save it under the "Passwords" category in your vault inside the main 1Password app. Does that help? We'll get you sorted. :)

This discussion has been closed.