Changed Master Password, tested it, restarted and now locks me out?

Options
RDS
RDS
Community Member

Mac OS 10.9.5
1 Password Version 3.8.22 (build 32010)
Chrome Version 58.0.3029.110 (64-bit)

I changed my master password last week, tested it several times, works perfectly.
Then I had to restart my system. Afterward, 1Password would not accept my new (or old) master password (please don't ask if I mistyped).

I do not use it on any other devices including mobile. Only my tower.
I heard Chrome may have something to do with it. I deleted the extension, reinstalled, still locks me out.
I'm desperate. Any help appreciated.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2017
    Options

@RDS: What exactly are you seeing? If it's simpler, take a screenshot of this. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Just be sure not to post any sensitive information, as this is a public forum.

Chrome shouldn't be involved, and deleting the extension may not have been a good idea. However, it may be that 1Password isn't able to connect to the browser. 1Password 3 was created in 2009 and hasn't been developed for years, so it won't know about newer browser versions.

Just to clarify, do you have all of your data in the main 1Password app? Are you able to unlock that? Where did you change your Master Password exactly? And what did you restart, only your Mac?

We can't help you by resetting your Master Password, and there is no back door. But please try the tips in this guide as they may help you gain access again:

https://support.1password.com/master-password/#recover-your-master-password

If that doesn't help though, you will need to either restore from a backup, sync from another device, or simply start over. Please let me know what you find. I look forward to hearing back from you!

ref: MRP-83755-766

• RDS
    RDS
    Community Member
    Options

I was able to restore my old password thanks to Brenty. Thanks SO much!!!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Brenty, you're very welcome! I'm glad you were able to get that all sorted out and working again. Please let us know if you have more questions or need anything else. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.