Username and password of generic account on android

h_fuj
h_fuj
Community Member

I'm using 1password on windows and android. I make many generic accounts on windows, and I sync to android device.
But username and password of generic accounts don't show in 1password on android device. Texts in notes are shown.

How to show user name and password on android device?

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604(win)/6.3(android)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: window 7 (jp)
Sync Type: wifi

Comments

• Hi @h_fuj. Generic accounts are specific to 1Password on Windows. 1Password on Android doesn't have that category, so instead they show up on Android as Login items. Can you check your list of Login items on your Android device to verify whether the accounts show up there?

• h_fuj
    h_fuj
    Community Member

Thank you, peri.

Yes. all items are shown in Login category.
    But username and password does not shown in each item. When I try to edit these items, columns of username and password are empty. Of course, username and password are shown on 1password of windows.

• Hi @h_fuj. I'm not actually seeing that problem. Username and password fields for Generic Accounts show up just fine on my Android device. I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports from your Android device and your PC:

---Android---
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/android.html

---Windows---
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/win.html

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+android@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• h_fuj
    h_fuj
    Community Member

Thanks.

I'm sorry to be late. I just send the Diagnostics reports.

• Thanks! I'll take a look and get back to you. ref: MWR-65672-652

• h_fuj
    h_fuj
    Community Member

Thank you.

Thanks for getting back to us with those reports :)

Unfortunately, I can't seem to see anything wrong with your current setup. Can you try something for me, can you try changing a username or password in one of your Generic Accounts, then sync your Android device and let me know if your account shows up.

I tried it. But situation was the same .

I tried the followings.
    1. Export the vault on my android device.
    2. Import it on my windows PC ( opvault format. My previous format is agilekeychain format.)
    On windows PC, user name and password is shown.( attached file)
    3. Sync with my android device.
    Username and password is not shown( attached file).

I think that one possibility is the locale ( Japanese ).

• peri
    edited June 2016

Thanks for the info, @h_fuj. Are you by chance using a Custom ROM on Android? Also, do you have 1Password on any other devices? I'd be curious to hear if you're able to see the username and password fields on another platform.

• h_fuj
    h_fuj
    Community Member

I have 2 android devices. The one is Nexus7 2013, android 6, and the other is Sharp SH-02, android 4.1.2. SH-02 is rooted, but Nexus7 is Original ROM. Both devices are same situation.

• Thanks @h_fuj. I'm going to ask @saad to take a look into this issue, since I'm not able to reproduce on my end. :)

• Hey @h_fuj! I’m sorry to see that your username and password fields are not syncing to your Android device. I followed the instructions above and created a Login item on my Windows 10 PC. After I completed Wi-Fi sync with my Android phone, the item showed up correctly and I was able to view all of the fields in it. Unfortunately, I am not sure why you are seeing differently, but let’s figure out what might be going on.

Based on your Windows 10 screenshot, it looks like you are adding a custom section and then creating two separate custom fields called username and password within the section. These fields should show up just fine on Android though. But just to test if there is a problem with custom fields, let’s try to enter your username in the designated username and password fields. Here’s what you need to do:

Launch 1Password for Windows and unlock your vault. Click on the New Item button just below the menu options and click on Login. You should see a screen like this:

Now enter data for the title, username, password, url and notes fields and sync to your Android device. Let me know if you see these fields now and we will continue from there!

• Fedus
    Fedus
    Community Member

Hi all,

An old thread, but there some remaining questions:
    I discovered the same issue a few days ago on my android 1password:
    Logins sync fine the issue seems specific to 'Generic Account'.

Steps to recreate:
    Create a generic account and put in notes, username and password as per standard new generic item template.
    Wifi sync to android
    Open in android - what I see when I do that is only the notes get displayed but not username/password.

After digging around a bit more one way to work around is to add a new custom field - username, password etc - the new ones get synced fine. another workaround of course is to use Login items as they sync without issue.

Things I wanted to once again check:
    Is there any way to enable it for generic items (so that I don't have to add new custom password field each time I create one)? I had a look at preferences but doesn't seem to be a setting for it...(maybe a config tweak?)

Is there a manual which discusses properties of different item types - Login, Generic Account, Wallet etc and how the type affects syncing?

Thanks and regards,

Fedus

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Fedus: It's admittedly confusing, but this is very much by design. It's simply that 1Password for Windows version 4 uses older templates, as it predates 1Password for Android version 6 and others. Newer apps just "convert" Generic Account and other item types. The data isn't changed, but it is displayed differently. But you're right that you can recreate the older templates using custom fields if you prefer that. Legacy item templates will not be supported going forward, but they'll be "converted" like this so you don't have to worry about losing data.

With regard to item types, there is no manual, but it's pretty straightforward. Each is just a template with specific predefined fields, with three exceptions, which can be used for filling in the browser: Logins, Credit Cards, and Identities. Otherwise they literally exist only to save you the effort of having to manually create each field for common data types (for example, "username", "password", and "website" fields for logins, etc.)

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.