Attach image to Passport records

TravelSD
TravelSD
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I keep a scanned image of my passport on OneDrive as backup in case I lose my real one. It would be helpful if for Passport records in 1P that we could attach a graphical image of our passport. I realize syncing large bitmaps may not be optimal, so maybe put a file size limit?

I realize there's a Documents object type, but it would make sense to add the attach option to the Passport object so you had both the image AND the cut/paste details that are sometimes needed.

1Password Version: 6.6.416d
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 x64
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• TravelSD
    TravelSD
    Community Member

After more thought, this actually needs to be more general. I'd like to see the ability to attach a document to any record type. For example, my DNS provider has an emergency access code in case 2FA fails. I'd like to attach that JPG of the code to my DNS password entry. Yes I could type in the code in a text field, but there are other instructions in the JPG that are helpful.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hello again @TravelSD,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! :+1:

You are right, that is what Documents category is for. In the future you should be able to link an existing document to your item. For example, here is what it looks like in 1Password on Mac:

We are working on the similar feature in 1Password 6 for Windows, but it takes time.
    I hope it helps and answers your question. If you have more of them, do not hesitate to share them with us. :)

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.